Public Relations Communications Manager at ZOÏ Agency, Toronto
Communications Manager, Toronto
Inspired to bring brands to life, ZOÏ Agency (‘life’ in Greek) was founded by Maria Varvarikos in 2000 and has left an indelible mark on the fashion, lifestyle, beauty and travel brands that have since partnered with the agency. With offices in New York, Montreal and Toronto, our boutique bureaus offer each client full public relations services across the United States, Canada, and in major cities worldwide.
With a mission to foster client relations that nurture new ideas, innovation, and growth, ZOÏ Agency maintains a highly-curated roster of brands, working with designers and tastemakers that inspire and motivate the team to push boundaries and achieve further excellence. Comprised of young, seasoned professionals who are passionate about their work, ZOÏ Agency’s team assumes the role of brand ambassador rather than PR representative, forming an unofficial extension of the brand’s office and one that truly understands and communicates the unique identities of its clients. It’s this personalized approach that has allowed ZOÏ Agency to form long-term relationships with its clients and its strong network of media contacts, generating measurable results for every client while implementing tactics, event concepts and strategies that disrupt traditional PR and instead leave a unique impact of their own.
ZOÏ Agency is currently seeking an experienced, creative, and highly-motivated Communications Manager for its Toronto office.
- Provide day to day client management for several of the agency’s key accounts. For this position, we are searching for someone with demonstrated fashion PR experience, ideally in the luxury sector.
- Develop strategic and creative PR plans for clients Advise clients on all communication activities while developing and maintaining a relationship of trust between the client and the agency
- Manage and mentor Communications Executives and Coordinators
- Draft strong PR messaging and create unique and compelling story angles Strategize and successfully execute influencer campaigns, including giftings and paid partnerships
- Organize and successfully execute press events, store openings, collection launches and press trips
- Secure strategic client brand visibility, including press coverage such as brand features, as well as placements in top national, regional and online media outlets Manage sample trafficking with support from Executives and Coordinators
- Build and grow new relationships with media and influencers while fostering already existing relationships
- Oversee creation and delivery of informative, well-organized reports and presentations to clients
- Assess, manage and monitor budgets and project expenses
- Support with new business pitches
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing
- Previous PR experience at Executive or Manager level (fashion and agency experience preferred)
- Interest in culture, arts, fashion and lifestyle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professionalism
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian media and influencer landscape and strong top-tier relationships
- Excellent time management and organization skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, both in Toronto and cross-office
- Experience with PR databases and monitoring tools such as Cision, Meltwater, Klear, Traackr
- Proficient in Mac operating system and Microsoft Office
ZOÏ Agency is committed to an inclusive work environment, and we encourage candidates of every race, gender, age, religion, and identity to apply. ZOÏ Agency offers a hybrid work model, competitive salary, health and dental insurance, and a generous Paid Time Off policy that includes annual Summer Fridays and your birthday off.