Jewellery Design and Production Coordinator - Maternity Cover
Position: Design and Production Coordinator – Maternity Cover
Duration: 1 year
Type: Full time – Mon-Friday 10am – 6pm
Venyx World are looking for a new staff member with passion for design and experience in both jewellery design and production to join our small London based team for a maternity cover period of minimum one year. The role is office based and full time. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Working closely with the Creative Director/Designer on research and ideation of new collections and custom one-off pieces
- Discussing a range of options and formulating original ideas Design brief writing and layout
- Sketching out ideas, sometimes using computer-aided design (CAD)(preferable but not essential), to visualise the finished design, making modifications as necessary
- Pulling inspiration from print and web into cohesive product or colour/material stories
- Final sketch rendering Creating technical drawings for a factory/ jeweller and posting comments and feedback
- Colourway execution Product assortment (understanding how the product works into the rest of the line)
- Sample evaluation and providing feedback to manufacturers and to Creative Director
- Product code creation, incoming stock control and pricing of the samples. Quality control
- Overseeing production and manufacturing operations. Developing and maintaining a high-performance safety culture. Continuously improving operating procedures, manufacturing processes
- Working to achieve production goals in areas of on-time delivery, superior quality, cost efficiency and embracing new product development initiatives within the organisation
- Communicating job expectations clearly to suppliers and manufacturers
- Identifying cost reductions opportunities
- Fostering a spirit of cooperation with colleagues
- Establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results to the Creative Director and Managing Director.
- Italian language preferred but not essential. Knowledge of CAD software preferred but not essential.
- Experience in jewellery design and fine jewellery production are essential.