Hilldun, the fashion industry's go-to factor is seeking a Bookkeeper to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and assist with monthly end closing processes for all assets, liabilities, revenue and expense accounts resolving all reconciling items.
- Support with quarterly and annual reporting in preparation of company financial statements.
- Analysis of all accounts in order to record correct allocation of all expense accruals, prepaid expenses and prepaid insurance to proper accounting periods.
- Liaison for Quarterly Reviews, Annual Audit and various Bank Field Exam audits. Coordination with audit team to ensure all needed explanations, proper documentation, various schedules for accounts. All information is to be given to the auditors on a timely basis.
- Daily recording of ledger transactions backing up controller.
- Providing support for investigating any delays or errors of our main operating bank accounts as
- well as interacting with all Company’s collectors and others to research funds sent however not processed or in question.
- Assisting with filing duties to ensure an orderly system and recording all accounts payable entries in our accounting system.
- Ensure there is a system in place that facilitates various expenses analysis when requested by management. Expenses typically analyzed include bank interest / bank charges, accounting, business insurance, factor commissions, payroll, CA payroll, payroll commissions, hospitalization, credit insurance, T & E – NY, T & E – CA, etc.
- Account Payable: Ensure payment of various Company payables as well as investigating any discrepancies in usual bills, obtaining proper approval on payments from various departments and maintaining a systematic and orderly filing system.
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented