RTW Design Intern
The RTW Design Intern will support the Designers and Director in the following areas:
- Helping to prepare design boards for sketch reviews and meetings.
- Organizing and creating boards with fit photos, design sketches and inspiration.
- Assisting designers to maintain and update design boards with appropriate fabrics, sketches and references images as needed.
- Sourcing vintage garments, design notions, fabrics or trims.
- Assisting with parcel pick-ups.
- Communicating and visiting midtown factories to launch swatches or trials as needed.
- Maintaining and organizing vintage archive, maintaining workspaces and showroom.
- Creating and launching techpacks during peak crunch-time.
- Creating trials, drapes, and swatches in our in-house atelier to develop and explore new ideas under the direction of designers.
- Participate in fittings and stylings.
- Helping to dress models, take fit notes and fit photos if needed.
- Researching inspiration online and offsite.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Fashion Design.
- 0 – 1 year of experience, or strong internship experience.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Proficient sewing skills. Sense of color and print.
- Basic understanding of technical packages.
- Strong time management, ability to prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to sketch.
- Excellent organizational skills are a plus.