Product Development Intern
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual who is a self-starter and well organized. Must be a team player with an eagerness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment and working across multiple teams. Directly reports to product development team and provides support to team members in various day-to-day activities.
- Track and receive all seasonal developments packages from overseas.
- Alert development team to the status of when packages are expected to deliver.
- Assist in sending out development materials and create shipping packing slips.
- Update and assist with maintaining seasonal merch “body boards” for RTW.
- Request and track all press samples post presentation/market.
- Collect and maintain yields, patterns and CM’s from Atelier for protos and SMS made in-house.
- Maintain development submits and library. Keeping all binders and file cabinets organized.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Fashion Design, Product Development, or Production.
- 0 – 1 year of experience, or strong internship experience.
- Support in launching misc. items for development techniques: quilting, printing, garment washing, as needed each season.
- Initiate communication with domestic vendors and monitoring status updates.
- Market prep (labeling SMS, final follow up on pattern digitizing, checking for hanger loops & main labels).
- Aid in meeting prep for design; Printing all TPs and helping arrange protos in the showroom.
- Running midtown errands for PD team as needed; purchasing materials and transporting samples with domestic factories.
- Assist with atelier needs when needed.
- Help to set up BOM templates in RLM and printing final BOMs for review.