Womenswear Product Developer
Responsible for managing the entire garment development process after initial design stages through to final approval and launch.
- Maintaining a supplier and manufacturer database / responsible for sourcing in line with sampling strategy.
- Work to critical path with manufacturers/in house atelier, ensuring prototype deadlines are adhered to.
- Manage the in-house and out of house sample making process.
- Accountable for the womenswear PD spend/budget: responsible for ensuring trackers are updated regularly.
- Work with all manufacturers to calculate make price from proto stage / according to target margin & line plan.
- Active participation in design fits; proposing finishing’s / trims and ensuring flow of communication.
- Work closely with Menswear design team on the day-to-day development of the collection: ensuring they are aware of deadlines and style count.
- Accountable for the accuracy of for tech packs sent out to factories.
- Responsible for ordering trims directly from manufacturers for prototypes and samples.
- Accountable for ensuring all information and BOMS are in RLM on time and are accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring all the collection tools/charts are updated so communication on the collection is clear to all cross functional departments.
- Responsible for all RTW handover to production: provide complete information on costing/BOM’s/technical data.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- 4-6 years Product Development experience ideally in Womenswear.
- Highly organized, demonstrates the ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously whilst also keeping a 360 view of the entire development process and progress.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of multi-tasking and coordinating different projects with cross functional teams; partnering closely with the design team.
- Solution orientated – problem solver, creative thinker, flexible and adaptable, resilient.