WHO WE ARE
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, our team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
To help deliver this vision Nadine partnered with Blue Wilson, an international business graduate with over 10 years of experience building multi-million pound global DTC brands with a focus on eCommerce. Nadine and Blue have grown MERABI from £2m in revenues in 2020 to £16m in 2021 and they have ambitious objectives to delight millions of clients in the UK and internationally over the next decade.
NADINE MERABI’s objective is to grow to over £100m, profitably while retaining its market-beating client satisfaction by 2025. We believe this is possible by building a solid foundation for growth in our technology, insight, and operations and creating greater demand from significant investment in product and brand innovation, performance marketing, and most importantly, incredible people. This is where you come in!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This role is career-defining; allowing the right candidate to make their mark, learn while doing and work to propel NADINE MERABI into a trail-blazing, aspirational global fashion brand.
As the Merchandising Manager you will be responsible for supervising the Merchandising team as they build strong relationships with the best factories, globally. This will involve daily communication and frequent visits at source, to protect the brand positioning and high levels of quality that our customer expects when they buy a Nadine Merabi product.
To operate the merchandising function for the business in order to ensure that all relevant stakeholders have accurate data which can directly, proactively and consistently inform decisions relating to maximising profitability and contributing to overall business strategy and growth.
To ensure that the buying function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in situ to enable the necessary degree of both long term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
You will assist the Leadership Team in planning for the design department’s growth.
Production & Stock Control
- Managing suppliers at a strategic relationship level to ensure maximum output.
- To lead supply base management, supporting sourcing strategy working closely with the buying and PI functions to ensure the Design & Merchandising elements of the critical path are delivered and accurate as well as on time.
- Managing the smooth & timely Production flow for all factories from Sampling to Spec to Production to on time delivery with the Design, Garment Tech & Merch Teams
- Leading the Merchandise team with WSSI ownership and day to day management to ensure & optimise availability, intake, service and stock levels in line with business demand needs.
- Ensure on-time range launches, overseeing the Merch Team & monitoring the CP dates.
- Manage weekly stock intake with your Merch Team & Logistics, using optimal freight route/cost.
- Ensure the Merch Team has good availability in NOOS lines.
- Manage team PO raising correctly and timely.
- Manage size ratios and returns rate analysis in conjunction with the Garment Tech Team
- Working closely with EComm team to interpret and react to online metrics and Warehouse & Logistics to adjust stock & intake Forecasts accordingly
- Work alongside the Leadership Team to Plan budgets by category, options, depth of buy, price, etc based on agreed financial targets.
- Assisting the Leadership Team ensuring the Category P & L hits full optimisation of product performance, from demand, markdown, stock and intake and returns to ensure financial targets are achieved / exceeded vs Plan
- Drive & manage Logistics and Buying teams in related supplier selection, relationships and the negotiation process to achieve required cost price breaks at different volume levels.
- Manage Logistics & Buying re. the most effective & efficient shipping methods.
- Present weekly/monthly trading to the business.
- Help Analyse existing Sales Information in order to plan & strategise for forthcoming Black Friday Sales demands
- Utilises leadership skills and motivation techniques to maximise employee performance and satisfaction.
- Monitors the team’s overall service and team work daily and identifies and implements strategies to increase service delivery/productivity.
- Establishes and delivers effective communication strategies within the department.
- Leads by example in all work related activities, acting as a role model for employees.
- Proactively delivers job related training for all department members
- Continually reviews processes and systems within the department and makes recommendations for changes to support business goals and growth.
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team at a strategic level within buying and merchandising and translates strategy to implementation.
- Help develop and manage KPIs for the Merch dept
You will have deep experience in leading a Merchandising & Production Team within the fashion industry. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, passionate, performance-driven individual with a strategic mindset.
- 5+ years of people management with experience in coaching and development of a team at different experience levels.
- Strong understanding of garment manufacturing and production processes
- You may also have footwear merchandising experience.
- Have an existing established supplier network on a global scale, whilst utilising our own networks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainability and best practice.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Offshore production/manufacturing background
- Problem solver with Quality, being the key driver in all solutions.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisation skills. Ability to prioritise schedules and manage multiple projects within a fast paced & evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, ability to liaise at all levels with internal/external stakeholders.
- A confident, supportive team leader. Able to share knowledge, motivate, mentor and recruit.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions.
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results.
- Strong sourcing skills & oversea Factory communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A collaborative, non-political approach.
- Naturally confident with strong communication skills - both written and verbally.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A people person with the ability to build relationships and negotiate with ease.
- A polite manner and a client focussed approach to problem-solving.
- Highly organised with strong time people and project management skills.
- Independent but enjoy working in a team and have a flexible approach to working.
- A target-driven mindset.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Confident, assertive, and proactive, with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results
- You love product.
OUR VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, always solution orientated, with a can-do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.