Seller Education Manager
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
We are looking for a Seller Education, Manager to help us drive our educational efforts directed toward our sellers to help them unlock more value from our platform.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding in-depth our seller journey and preparing and executing educational plans to tackle barriers to adoption or growth. These plans will be a mixture of dedicated educational efforts for a select group of sellers as well as more scalable solutions for all sellers.
Likewise, the Seller Education Manager will be partnering with internal CRM, SEO and PMM (Product Marketing Management) teams on developing and creating educational content for email comms and Depop’s blog.
To be successful, the candidate will need to partner cross-functionally to gather all the right insights and to drive the execution of the plans.
- Evaluate specific development needs for different tiers to help them unlock potential and progression to the next tier
- Audit existing educational content and programs against our community’s educational needs and evaluate their impact. Make recommendations on the next steps for the different programs (amplify, discontinue, change the format, etc.)
- Set up a measurement framework to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of these programs
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs. Partner up with creative teams to co-design and deliver these training programs. Ensure they are effective and on-brand at all times
- Make recommendations for the most appropriate format & distribution of our educational content
- Partner up with Product to evaluate and recommend e-learning platforms integration, hosting or training technology needs. Make recommendations and coordinate implementation
- Work as an internal consultant for marketing and PMM teams whenever they develop educational content for sellers
- 5+ years of experience in learning & developing of highly scalable training programs
- Familiarity with different e-learning platforms and practices as well as in-person training best practices
- A strategic mindset that will allow this person to focus activity on meaningful levers based on insights and competitive advantage.
- High curiosity to deeply understand levers and performance looking beyond the obvious
- Experience in project management and budgeting for the overall delivery of these projects
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects at once with a high level of commitment and great prioritisation skills
- People management experience
- Self-starter with a strong bias to action
- Fast learner who is not afraid to test new ideas and learn from them, even if they are not all successful
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviours and attitudes
- Previous experience in a scale-up or a business in hypergrowth
- Degree, certification or previous course work in Psychology, instructional design, adult education or related fields
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eye-care vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counselling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!