Senior Product and Production Manager
The role covers the management and planning of the entire garment development process from initial design stages through to final approval and delivery of production. On-time delivery of product, to the highest consistent quality, and within budget for both samples and bulk production is the primary KPI.
● Manage the critical path for the entire development process with studio and manufacturers to ensure deadlines for raw materials, samples, fittings, and prices are met.
● Developing the RTW and swim collection in line with the proposed collection merchandising plan, working toward a well-rounded offering of styles, maintaining quality and fit across the collection, and a target wholesale margin in production.
● Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs. Continuously update and maintain the BOM throughout the production lifecycle and communicate to factories accordingly.
● Measure and review prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications.
● Actively participate in fittings; take notes and be proactive in proposing finishings and trims, while ensuring the communication flows between the studio and manufacturers.
● Plan seasonal production allocation based on technical capability, volume, capacity, margin targets, and suppliers.
● Responsible for the on time launch of production orders and on time delivery of stock, including identifying potential delivery issues as early as possible in the product creation process.
● Develop and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with nominated factories and collaborators, to ensure commercial and technical commitments are honoured.
● Responsible for Quality Control, coordinating throughout the production cycle, either involved directly in person or commissioning external parties as needed, subject to budget availability.
● Responsible for the planning and tracking of the product development and production budget.
● Manage workload and deadlines for freelance collection collaborators and junior team members, continuously seeking to empower others in their roles.
● Responsible for the collection sample management of protos and SMS for official and unofficial sample sales or press.