Senior Product and Production Manager
- Louisa Ballou
- London, United Kingdom
- Up to £70k per year + bonus and benefits
- Closing date
- 10 Jun 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The role covers the management and planning of the entire garment development process from initial design stages through to final approval and delivery of production. On-time delivery of product, to the highest consistent quality, and within budget for both samples and bulk production is the primary KPI.
● Manage the critical path for the entire development process with studio and manufacturers to ensure deadlines for raw materials, samples, fittings, and prices are met.
● Developing the RTW and swim collection in line with the proposed collection merchandising plan, working toward a well-rounded offering of styles, maintaining quality and fit across the collection, and a target wholesale margin in production.
● Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs. Continuously update and maintain the BOM throughout the production lifecycle and communicate to factories accordingly.
● Measure and review prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications.
● Actively participate in fittings; take notes and be proactive in proposing finishings and trims, while ensuring the communication flows between the studio and manufacturers.
● Plan seasonal production allocation based on technical capability, volume, capacity, margin targets, and suppliers.
● Responsible for the on time launch of production orders and on time delivery of stock, including identifying potential delivery issues as early as possible in the product creation process.
● Develop and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with nominated factories and collaborators, to ensure commercial and technical commitments are honoured.
● Responsible for Quality Control, coordinating throughout the production cycle, either involved directly in person or commissioning external parties as needed, subject to budget availability.
● Responsible for the planning and tracking of the product development and production budget.
● Manage workload and deadlines for freelance collection collaborators and junior team members, continuously seeking to empower others in their roles.
● Responsible for the collection sample management of protos and SMS for official and unofficial sample sales or press.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert