SWIM USA is the premiere designer and manufacturer of women's swimwear located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. We are 84 years young and seeking a dynamic Production Manager to join our expanding team.
Swim USA designs, markets and manufactures women's swimwear for consumers around the world. Our long-term success was founded on the principles of delivering high quality apparel, superior customer service and a strong team-oriented culture. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry.
In this position, the Production Manager will coordinate and manage product needs between sales, design, and manufacturing entities overseas for our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, manage, and assume ownership of seasonal Time and Action Calendars for each account/line
- Coordinate, prepare and lead Cross Functional Team mtgs
- Responsible for assessing customer requirements and creating/ update, approve and communicate customer compliance requirements which include finishing requirements, labels, tickets, packaging, certifications, testing, QC requirements etc.
- Operate and responsible for all brand specific finishing Requirements in PLM system (YPLM)
- Order sample yardage and pre-position greige. Responsible for supporting solution and options
- Manage all sampling and swatch book needs
- Follow up and drive resolution with PD teams on all strike-off, lab dip and fabric development needs
- Partner with Tech and Design teams on status updates. Elevate risk and collaborate on solutions
- Coordinate with Sales and Production Operations on factory bulk capacity planning and costing
- Negotiate with suppliers and comply with MOQ's, lead times and surcharges
- Accountable for defining development risk in; cost, lead-time, customer requirements, etc.
- Create bulk production Style Set up, purchase orders and cutting lists - matching to 'Blue Cherry'/QLIK reports
- Understand and utilize ERP system (Blue Cherry) to communicate any production or development issues
- Communicate with factories, fabric and trims suppliers as needed
- Track and log factory liabilities, expenses/invoices
- Participate in production WIP's follow-up
- Prepare and support Unit Planning Meetings
- Communicate and manage delivery risks with Sales Teams, Asia counter parts, suppliers and in some cases customers
- Work with Sales and Warehouse for inventory transfers to ensure work orders are complete and accurate
- Follow up with logistics teams on transit tracking through 'Air Table' and communicate risk
- Vet air transit requirements
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Product Manager
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however, will consider job experience.
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in production with participation in sourcing process
- Must be organized, detail oriented and follow up skills
- Must possess strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to work with numbers
- The ability to work with Asia-based suppliers after work hours
All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE