Bloomingdale's is seeking a passionate, energetic, customer-obsessed leader to drive the evolution of our differentiated and elevated customer experiences. The Director of Differentiated & Elevated Customer Experience will be responsible for the development, iteration and elevation of the programs that engage our best customers and strengthen those relationships. The Director will work at the intersection of humanity & technology, digital & physical commerce, high-touch & seamless experiences to define luxury experiences at Bloomingdale's ensuring that the customer, their relationship with our colleagues and our brand and their needs are always at the center.
The Director of Differentiated & Elevated Customer Experience will report to the Vice President of Customer Experience and is part of the larger Customer & Revenue Growth organization. The CRG pyramid is responsible for developing the holistic experience strategy across the Bloomingdale's customer journey through innovative solutions that elevate the overall Bloomingdale's shopping experience and strengthen customer relationships. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Drive the evolution and elevation of our Personal Shopping and Stylists program strategy across channels to meet the evolving needs of our best customers. As the program leader, define and establish the objectives, KPIs, experience, tools, training needs, marketing support.
- Partner cross-functionally with the Loyalty Team to develop targeted customer experience strategies for Unlocked and Luxe clients---strengthen those important relationships in a uniquely Bloomingdale's way as their needs evolve.
- Partner closely with our merchants, loyalty, stores and vendor community to develop unique, differentiated, personal experiences for our customers-in-store, online and in between (omni execution of live shopping, off-site experiences, etc.).
- Leverage humanity and technology to unlock network selling opportunities and develop the customer outreach and selling strategy for limited-time pop-ups.
- Define, structure and accelerate our services offering (Design Trade Program, Corporate Sales, Studio Services, etc.) and develop the experience for each of these client bases.
- Work closely with the rest of the Customer Experience organization to ensure the top client strategies are appropriately integrated and advocate for unique product/technology needs of these programs.
- Drive growth strategy of these programs, keeping a pulse on competitors and evolving Bloomingdale's strategy for the needs of our customers. Report on progress and financial performance.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Bloomingdale's brand and health of the customer base to ensure we continuously iterate and elevate our experiences to best serve their needs.
- Lead one direct report to support development and implementation of our elevated selling programs.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in luxury retail, client development, omnichannel experience leadership with a passion for customers and developing luxury experiences
- Thinks like a customer and embodies a customer-centric mindset that drives not only strategy development but also customer advocacy with cross-functional partners
- Outstanding relationship orientation with the ability to build meaningful relationships with key business stakeholders across our central organization and stores
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, storytelling) skills; high level of creativity, independence, and ability to project confidence
- Ability to act as a change agent to implement new and/or evolved strategies and excite partners to bring it to life for our customers
- Balance both leading a team and influencing stakeholders with or without direct reporting authority, gaining consensus, managing conflict and resolving issues when the occur
- Intellectually curious with strong people skills, drawing actionable insights and recommendations, and building strategies leveraging both art and science
- Ability to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize tasks, and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Ability to travel, spend time in stores with store colleagues and customers and work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)