With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives across the Chico's FAS, Inc Distribution Centers to improve operational performance. This role will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence to all site areas. This action includes defining the site's strategy in developing and executing performance standards, best practices and being a hands-on servant leader in enabling change management in the DC(s). Must be a change catalyst with strong communication and time management skills and an ability to flow between strategic thinking and tactical coaching and execution quickly. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops comprehensive project plans to be shared with senior managers, other staff members, or executives.
- Continues to build on the culture in the Fulfilment Center (FC) using the 5s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) Lean strategy.
- Partners effectively with all departments inside the building(s)/campus and corporate to accomplish project goals.
- Tracks project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Meets budgetary objectives and adjusts project constraints based on financial analysis or ROI.
- Learns and uses up-to-date project management tools and techniques consistent with PMP certification standards.
- Helps develop continuous improvement and project management skills in peers and other FC leaders.
- Flex into operations management, leading any FC departments to support gaps or business needs.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or related field required
- 5+ years' experience required including strong personal computer and internet skills including MS Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Metrics driven mindset.
- Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
- Experience in the use of Kaizens, operational excellence process improvement
- Familiar with statistical analysis and regression
- Experience negotiating and implementing work standards to different levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing key data and interpreting impact to operations
- Must have excellent communication skills; including written, oral and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct the activities of many
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, expediting and proactive skills
- 5-8 years' experience with CAD a plus
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Distribution Concepts preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.