About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
This role is the principle custodian of supply-side risks to the Enterprise - responsible for the effective identification, understanding, prioritization, and mitigation of current and emerging threats to cost, supply, and customer-facing credibility. This role will work with and across our portfolio of Brands to architect the supply chain of the future - in service to the creation of great products, sustainable growth, highly competitive costs, and a high degree of supply agility & resilience.
Additionally, this leader will manage and empower a team comprised largely of subject matter experts in areas such as supply chain strategy, materials manufacturing, analytics & modeling, risk & resilience, strategic relationship management, and supply chain traceability. As consequence, the leader will have - or rapidly develop - understanding and mastery of these domains sufficient to:
•Contribute substantively to the development vision regarding this function and how it will deliver maximal value to Gap Inc.,
•Identify & prioritize both capability gaps and opportunities in accordance to the vision,
•Refine the team structure - including identification of critical roles and associated technical skillsets,
•Position team members effectively with Brand & Corporate shareholders to maximize their positive impacts to the enterprise,
•Enable talent identification, acquisition, & skills development in critical domains of expertise.
In service to all of above, the individual will develop credible & effective internal and external business partner relationships at the executive level - increasing their credibility and influence across the Enterprise while also developing & strengthen partnerships with strategic suppliers and other key ecosystem partners.What You'll DoEnterprise-Level Supply Resilience & Capability
Strategic Supplier Relationship Management:
- Jointly work with brands to formulate future forward supply chains which consider and solve for mid-to-long term Brand & Enterprise-level capability objectives, risk & resilience, cost control / leverage, and strategic supplier partnerships.
- Lead & support development of large-scale COO migration strategies & roadmaps - which include identification, solutioning, and planning related to key shifts, critical path barriers, supplier investments, and necessary support capabilities.
- Identification, understanding, prioritization, and mitigation of the portfolio of supply-facing risks - including current and emerging threats to cost, supply, and customer-facing credibility
- Establishment and governance of Inc. Level sourcing guardrails, best practices, and KPIs - as related to supply configuration, supply network performance, and risk & resilience.
Gap Inc Material Strategy:
- Leads the development and implementation of agreements between strategic suppliers & Gap Inc. - including long-term commercial volume goals and agreements which enable manufacturing investments, capability investments, and establishment of centers of excellence.
- Assess the overall health of strategic supplier relationships, identify & prioritize areas of improvement, and facilitate continuous improvements that increase the mutual value generated.
- Lead or facilitate cross-Brand & Enterprise initiatives with affect our strategic suppliers
- Maintain cross-brand visibility to the portfolio of work affecting each strategic supplier - in service to identifying synergies, reducing duplication, assessing return on investment, and maximizing the value of said initiatives to Brands and the Enterprise.
Supply Chain Visibility and Traceability
- Own the creation, dissemination, and effective consumption of critical intelligence and insights regarding our end-to-end material supply chains - ensuring that Gap Inc has the best possible understanding and prediction of current and emerging changes to cost structure, supply & demand dynamics, asset investments, and risks. This information will inform the development of sourcing strategies, enable development of negotiation strategies, inform material commitment & hedging decisions, and enables mitigation of risks to supply continuity.
- Supports critical material COO migration work including development of migration strategies, identification and problem solving against critical path barriers to successful migration, and support Brand material teams as they conduct problem-solving on issues specific to each Brand.
- Identify opportunities for large-scale / cross-brand negotiation strategies on fabrics, yarns, and fibers that maximize application of Enterprise leverage, mitigate the impact of cost-driver increases and volatility, and which enable key regional migrations and increase supply security.
- Develops direct and strategic relationships with spinners, fiber producers, brokers, and other parties, as essential for long-term cost control and supply security.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners (Gap Inc Brands; Corporate Strategy and ESG) to develop the overall Gap Inc. traceability and Visibility strategy.
- Develops and leverages technical expertise regarding the mechanics of the supply chain to support development of traceability/visibility strategies & solutions.
- Participates in the identification of traceability & visibility solution providers for Gap Inc.; and participate or lead projects to develop and deploy systems, tools, and methodologies for traceability & visibility.
- Partners with the cross-functional partners to apply visibility platforms against the areas of dynamic risk identification, prediction, and mitigation.
Who You Are
- Set up the team of network planners, strategic supplier relationship managers and supply chain material experts
- Build organizational capability at enterprise level
- Responsible for day-to-day people management for teams
- Accountable for building team's capability by identify organizational gaps and solutions
- Seasoned network planning professional with a successful track record of large-scale manufacturing network management.
- Experience in deploying or scaling up new planning software into a large-scale organization.
- Good commands of manufacturing and sourcing operations, ideally in apparel, to reflect operational constraints into planning models.
- Supplier Partnership - Proven track record of managing large and sophisticated vendor base with driven financial value for all parties involved
- Industry exposure - Leadership role across apparel industry (preferably fashion retail) with experience in consulting will be added advantage.
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of successful improvement implementation based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, excellence in influencing and collaboration across leadership team
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, and developing best-in-industry teams
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.