- Contribute in all aspects & stages of the design process under guidance of the Design Director and Creative Director.
- Participate in seasonal concept research, vintage sourcing, garment construction, finishing techniques, fabric treatments, and sourcing trims.
- Design for main line based on a compressive understanding of the merchandising plans.
- Responsible for interpreting the seasonal direction into innovative and commercial designs. Analyzes past best and worst sellers for future developments. Develop design ideas into groups, each season.
- Responsible for proposed drapes, 3-D swatches, fabric manipulations, finishing trials, and thread color trials for PD, when sample yardage arrives.
- Create color-ups & print placement layouts on sketches. Design to-scale CAD focused embroidery trials and layouts for development and SMS.
- Create & maintain seasonal boards (inspirations, print concepts, trials, etc).
- Work with product development, technical design, pattern makers and sample makers to ensure styles are correct to design specifications.
- Attend & participate in prototype & sample fittings, take notes and follow-up as needed. Ensure garment look proportions, details, and fit.
- Collaborate with sales & technical design teams on updated samples.
- Assistant in managing a seasonal intern who will aid in all aspects on design and development, as needed.
- Assist in lookbook fittings, styling and all preparation for the seasonal shoots. Seasonal shoot prep includes making accessories, setting up showroom with seamless, lighting and photo equipment, creating digital layouts of the final looks, preparing supplies for on-set shoots.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in RTW Design
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong sketching and draping skills
- Knowledge of garment construction and fit with strong attention to detail
- Must have a solution driven mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptive to a multi-tasked environment
- Experience in luxury or contemporary brands preferred
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.