Senior Manager, Finance
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Senior FP&A Manager will be responsible for all forward looking financial information, including the annual budget, quarterly forecasting and rolling forecasts in between. They will provide insight for both internal financial management, and the guidance included in all external financial reporting, including the quarterly trading statements, the interim and preliminary announcements, and the front half of the annual report.
The Finance Senior Manager will be experienced in planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. They will be comfortable in data analysis, stakeholder management, clear messaging and presentation of data in chart and table format to demonstrate key variances.
Take overall ownership for the delivery of the budget, quarterly forecasts and the rolling forecast, including:
• Updating and communicating instructions to regions and functions and responding to requests for clarification
• Managing the regional submissions to ensure that all have been submitted on time and checked for errors
• Analysis of regional revenue movements by channel to ensure forecasts seem appropriate
• Where necessary model revenue scenarios (using trend line and absolute analysis) to sense check and/or calculate further risk adjustments and the potential impact of these on group profitability
• Ensuring the inclusion of group overlays/ journals required in forecasts/budgets
• Take ownership for the preparation of the power point slide deck for delivery to CFO and Board to explain major drivers of forecasts/budget and explain key movements vs previous expectations (eg 3YP, budget or forecast)
• Participate in presentation of the budget/forecast to the CFO/COO, presenting select slides and supporting in answering queries during the presentation
• Create Board presentations to show key drivers of budget/forecast at a higher level of detail but ensuring key messages are conveyed
• Share revenue projections to feed into Product Planning processes to help inform seasonal inventory buys
• Review and explain constant currency FX models and FX scenarios for external reporting
• Review gross margin analysis relating to budget and forecasts
• Provide analysis and insight to the Investor Relations team on anything budget/forecast related
• Instigating feedback sessions with key contributors into the budget/forecast to ensure continuous improvement of the processes and controls within the team. Challenge current ways of working to make these more efficient and effective.
• Responding to a significant amount of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required. Prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Play a key role in mentoring, developing and retaining talent with a long term strategic mind-set and consideration for the ongoing evolution of Finance. Manage team to optimise their performance and oversee their development, both as individuals and as a team.
- Professional finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders in both finance and the business
- Excellent global communication skills with experience of leading, influencing and challenging working groups
- Highly analytical and logical mindset with great attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot issues and deliver solutions
- Advanced finance system skills with good knowledge of SAP and BPC
- Ideally worked within an FP&A team for global organisation
- Experience in managing wide groups of senior global stakeholders
- Experience in working in power point to deliver clear slides. Think Cell capability an advantage.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and delivering high quality results under time pressure
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE REPORTING || n/a ||