Social Media Manager, Beauty
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Leading the Social Media strategy for beauty
Planning and publishing
- Own the day-to-day management of social platforms (Instagram & Tiktok in particular) working proactively to plan, execute and deliver best in class platform strategies, collaboratively with the brand social team where relevant
- Understand platform nuances and confidently publish on all social channels, pulling different publishing levers to optimise performance
- Brief relevant, engaging copy and work with relevant teams to ensure timely delivery
- Own the editorial calendar for Burberry Beauty and brief the creative teams for social-first content for Tiktok, Instagram and other platforms as relevant
- Work closely with the APAC teams to establish a stronger presence for Burberry Beauty on key strategic platforms including Red, Douyin, WeChat etc
- Liaise with the brand social media and marketing teams to create common moments of storytelling
- Understand different platform metrics, and confidently be able to pull together the right data and metrics to support social and community objectives
- Support the weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting requirements across the team
- Demonstrate an understanding of using platform and social data to inform performance analysis and identify learnings
- Strong knowledge of Social Media Listening metrics
- Easily able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with immediate and wider teams through effective written and oral communication
Community Engagement / Collaborations
- Identify suitable creators and advocates that fit the brand's goals and values for a variety of platforms including TikTok and Instagram
- Support in developing clear briefs for content creators and the wider community, working closely with the PM from brief to delivery
- Work with the influencer marketing teams to define briefs, manage feedback and approve influencer content
- Community management
- A passion for the beauty space with a focus on social and innovation, an demonstrable understanding of the market and trends is a must]
- A clear understanding of all western social media platforms, including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, Youtube
- An understanding of major APAC social networks including WeChat, Weibo, LINE, Kakao and Red
- Analytical mind with an understanding of social metrics, and how to interpret data into actionable insights and learnings
- A solution-driven personality, proactive in being able to influence creative decision making to better drive our KPIs and social metrics
- Should stay on top of trends and competitor activities within the beauty and fashion spheres
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn; a self-starting attitude and enthusiasm is a must
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || MARKETING || CENTRAL - DIGITAL MARKETING || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert