Account Manager - Los Angeles
APPARATUS is New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
- Primary contact to service the clients in APPARATUS’ West Coast sales territories.
- Manage client orders through the sales process – from quoting, invoicing, billing, order completion and delivery.
- Develop a deep knowledge of and become an expert in APPARATUS product and brand story.
- Represent APPARATUS and walk clients through the collections (in-person, phone, and digitally) to explore all client needs and possible APPARATUS solutions.
- Prioritize client experience through accuracy, information, timely response, and warmth in communication.
- Provide follow-up care and problem-solving as needed.
- Utilize reporting to manage your book of business, recognize areas of opportunity and create outreach strategies to optimize sales in your territories.
- Understand the production and shipping processes to aid in the management client expectations.
- Provide strategic feedback and suggestions for additional tools or materials, improvements to processes or opportunities for streamlining.
- Consistently seek to support the APPARATUS Los Angeles team with client needs by developing and delivering solutions to maintain the highest level of client experience and reaching monthly and yearly sales goals.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive, and the ability to work under pressure while delivering an on-brand experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Curious and resourceful approach to learning.
- Comfortable with a majority computer-based workload and the need for accuracy.
- Strong aesthetic and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strategic and solutions-based thinker.
- A consistently positive attitude displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team of peers, management.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Proven showroom and sales experience or similar client-facing role.
- Proven ability to develop and manage ongoing client relationships.
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary design.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:30AM–5:30PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
- Domestic travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance review.