Senior Commercial Finance Manager
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED AND COMMERCIALLY SAVVY FINANCE MANAGER TO JOIN OUR BUSINESS FINANCE FUNCTION AND WORK CLOSELY WITH AND SUPPORT OUR LONDON BASED ECOMMERCE AND MARKETING TEAMS.
YOUR MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES AHEAD OF YOU
Driven by our mission to be a Danish brand with a global outlook, we are looking for a skilled Senior Commercial Finance Manager for eCommerce and Marketing. Your key objective will be to act as a trusted sounding board and sparring partner to our Chief Digital Officer and eCommerce & Marketing organisation on commercial and financial performance and supporting making the right business decisions. This is a new role within the team therefore we are looking for an impact maker that can set a structure and direction!
You will be a part of a fast-growing, global brand on a unique journey where winner instinct, drive and passion are required. You will be spear-heading the financial and commercial planning and reporting activities ranging from weekly performance analysis to long term strategy and 5-year planning. Your key objective will be to provide relevant and accurate assessment of financial and commercial performance, ensuring a strong link between the two, and acting as a trusted sparring partner. This function is a part of the reporting and planning engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
Responsibilities ahead of you
You will be responsible for end-to-end reporting and planning activities ranging from long term plans, annual budget & forecasts, latest short-term looks and what-if analysis to realised monthly and weekly performance:
- Preparation of weekly trade analysis
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly performance packs including P&L, marketing expenditure, and sales, identifying the actionable insights to drive growth and mitigate risk, and presenting them at monthly/quarterly review meetings.
- Analyse KPI trends especially relating to metrics such as sales, spend, profitability, geographical performance, customer lifetime value, ROI, cost of customer acquisition, conversion, ROAS and other CRM data.
- Ensure strong connection between commercial KPIs and financial reporting so that there is a single version of truth in the business.
- Support with forecasting, budgeting, and strategic planning
- Preparation of business cases and modelling for strategic initiatives
- Analysis of marketing campaigns, promotion/discount usage, return rate, pricing, product mix, sale performance etc.
- Collaborate with any third-party data or analytics partners that we may bring on board in the future
- Define, design, and prepare financial and marketing dashboard reports in close collaboration with our BI and Business Finance teams
- Collect business intelligence and industry insights to support analyses
It is our ambition to drive financial performance through turning data into insights and risk analysis into solutions – all in close dialogue and collaboration with the business. Through your work you will be contributing to the implementation of an ambitious growth strategy and continue strengthening GANNI as a global brand.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience in working as a Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner or similar role
- Solid commercial awareness within the omnichannel retail industry, ideally has experience in fashion, eCommerce and digitally savvy.
- Relevant financial qualifications (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Experience with analysing and modelling of Revenue and PnL with strong link to commercial KPIs.
- Customer-oriented with ability to communicate financial terms in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Can collaborate with stakeholders, create, and maintain trusted working relationships.
- Constructive, adaptable, being able to change in response to new information and different or unexpected circumstances.
- Motivated to get close to and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business.
- Enjoy working independently and running processes and reaching goals.
- Proficient user of MS Office and advanced user of Excel
- Skilled with business intelligence and analytics tools including Google Analytics
THE GANNI WAY
We are looking for a true GANNI ambassador - someone who shares our values of Openness (ready to evolve, honest not perfect), Optimism (you never stand still, just dance!), Authenticity (you march at your own beat!), Accountability (no excuses, you make an impact) & Responsibility (make small changes, see big differences).
The GANNI culture is based on a learning and results-driven mentality, where everyone is united by a common purpose of (hack)the fashion system!
GANNI is a state of mind - more than a way of dressing and we love to change the usual practice in everything we do. We are confident and capable of anything! So prepare yourself to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and hacking the system together with our amazing Business Finance team!
You will be working at our office in London close to eCommerce and Marketing teams and with reference and close ties to the Copenhagen based Business Finance & Analytics team.
BE BOLD AND JOIN OUR GANNI COMMUNITY!
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel motivated to join our team and become a part of the GANNI community. If you have more questions regarding the position please contact Elena Aabenhuus, Head of Business Finance and Analytics at email@example.com / +45 29 31 56 34
We will be interviewing candidates continuously and kindly ask you to send your application and CV as soon as possible. Please use the “Apply for position” button.
Based in Copenhagen and owned and run by husband-and-wife team Creative Director Ditte Reffstrup and Founder Nicolaj Reffstrup, GANNI has developed exponentially over recent years with its Scandi 2.0 sense of style full of personality and contrasts. GANNI is all about making our community who wear our clothes feel even more confident and capable of anything. For us, acting responsibly is a moral obligation.
GANNI is committed to creating a more diverse, equal and inclusive workforce, building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. It is a fundamental policy at GANNI not to discriminate on any basis or characteristics and celebrate diversity. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply.
At GANNI we see behaving responsibly as our moral obligation. GANNI focuses on making more responsible choices every day to do better for our planet and community. Responsibility is at the heart of everything we do and we encourage all employees to take part in our journey towards becoming a more inclusive, equal and responsible business.
OUR VISION & MISSION
Hack(ing) the fashion system.
Evolving from a distinctive Scandinavian fashion brand, we are more than a way of dressing - we are a creative collective and diverse community of first movers, committed to environmental responsibility and progressive social activism, setting the tone for the next generation to follow.