Senior Director Global Membership Programs
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and €9.41 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were €8.75 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The marketing department is consumer driven and value led, focused on delivering brand impact and incremental profits for the corporation. The team adds value by smart, scalable, consumer-centric initiatives, while leveraging data and insights to validate our approach.
The team’s scope is both European and Global, with expertise in all markets, regions and across all channels. All aspects of the brand experience from positioning to look and feel to voice are driven by the department. Always keeping the consumer at the center of decision making allows us to make faster and more impactful decisions.
The Membership & Loyalty team has the following key objectives:
- Grow the Membership base
- Unlock value from the member base through increased retention of buying members, amongst other KPIs
- Maximizing lifetime value of our members
- Building brand love through enhanced member connections
The Senior Director Global Membership Programs will join the Global Marketing department at our Global Tommy Hilfiger head and EU PVH office in Amsterdam. He/she will report into and support the VP Global Membership & Loyalty to generate a successful, consistent, multichannel customer experience for consumers and fans of Tommy Hilfiger, in order to strengthen brand loyalty, drive retention activities in support of maximizing repeat purchase and positively influencing lifetime value. Success in the role will be judged on your ability to unlock incremental value from our known contactable member base, ensuring commercial targets driven by this important subset of consumers is consistently met.
The ability to understand how retention mechanics can drive loyal behaviour is core to this role. Tommy Hilfiger currently has a legacy Membership program with limitations, this program is in the process of being replaced with a world class membership proposition, in 2022, that offers a highly differentiated and elevated experience for its members. The new program will be scaled globally in the coming 24 months.
This role oversees a team of approx. 3 highly experienced director level reports.
- Work together with the functional global Vice President to develop deliver a world class Membership proposition, with Europe as the first mover in 2022 and remaining regions in 2023
- Embed Membership as the cornerstone of our organizational DTC strategy
- Deliver on a very aggressive rollout strategy to our O&O markets
- Challenge, optimize, evolve and refine the new value proposition for the Membership program
- Lift personalization from medium level of maturity to a core component of the program
- Redefine, champion and embed exclusive experiences and member only product as key differentiator for members
- Understand and be able to articulate the member data story, building a powerful but easily digestible narrative for internal stakeholders
- Lead closer partnership with Brand Marketing and the Celebrity Team to unlock evolved partnerships to drive a more compelling proposition for Membership
- Solidify and expand existing relationships with Ecom and markets to drive continued business partnership with these departments
- Assess, support on the formulation of the complex CRM roadmaps across the different sub-teams
- Drive data-driven-marketing initiatives forward, using value as a compass, with a view to industrialization and scale out of initiatives cross region
- Develop effective relationships with the global marketing and communications teams, acting as a counterpart in their strategy development always with a consumer centric approach
- Demonstrate a 100% omni-channel mindset, working to deliver a consistent member experience across channels, from the forthcoming online Member hub to how the program is experienced instore
- Be a results driven leader, while being able to bring to life results through astute story-telling, working with the wider team’s analytics function
Innovation, industry & competitive knowledge:
Constantly strive for innovation and keep abreast of both industry and competitive activity within the CRM, loyalty and digital spaces
- Proactively drive the development of the skills and capabilities of the Membership & Loyalty team, improving the overall functioning of the team and creating the right environment of high performing high impact team
- Be fully data-driven in all strategic work, ensuring a robustness around segmentation and targeting
- Drive awareness within team of the overall objectives of the marketing & communications department – driving the brand, consumer engagement & traffic both online and offline. Apply these objectives in the strategies developed and implemented
- Work with the Director of Data & Technology within CRM to fully exploit mar-tech capabilities, partnering with the PVH Technology team
- Regional CRM teams
- Regional Omni-channel & E-commerce teams
- Regional Marketing leadership
- European Omni-channel operations team
- European E-commerce team
- European Retail team
- Marketing Managers and Retail Directors in the European local markets
- Brand Marketing
- Global Sales Activation team
- Consumer Journey
- CRM strategic / tactical agencies, currently WPP member agency
- Campaign management platform, currently Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Database management platform & associated data agency
- Loyalty Platform provider
- Tier 1 Management Consultancy firm
The Ideal Candidate:
For this role our ideal candidate is very consumer centric, has a data driven mentality and can really drive the evolution of CRM beyond the Email channel into a multi-channel approach.
- Migrate The Hilfiger Club into Omnichannel reset Membership proposition
- Segment the customers, offers and timing into the right channels
- Be in sync with social network activities and tommy.com newsletter subscribers calendars
- Be Data and Operations specialist to translate data into effective marketing for our customer database.
- Drives all CRM marketing activities based on a seasonal calendar
- Champion a learning agenda across all new initiatives, ensuring measurement of the right KPIs, quantification of uplift and overall acceptable ROI
- Establish a more robust system of AB test to optimize CRM campaigns
- Develops and creates the right messages and offers. Brief the in-house creative Agency and manage the rollout to the local markets/ stores)
- Make sure all marketing activities executed centrally or locally are of a level of quality fitting a premium fashion brand.
- Establish a close relationship with the Countries and Internal Departments
- Work closely with markets to activate CRM and Loyalty through locally relevant content, programs and initiatives
- Support development of divisional seasonal strategies
- Integrate output from single view of the consumer actionable insight project into CRM segmentation
- Ideate, sell in and lead proof-of-concepts to further drive the organization’s DDM maturity
You bring 7 years of relevant working experience in similar CRM role, at least 3 - 4 in a senior role at Director or Director+ level and have explicit experience in loyalty mechanics, either for a world class Loyalty (points/tiers) or Membership program with an evolved value proposition. Besides that;
- Explicit experience working with advanced data strategies to drive integrated multi-channel retention strategies
- Experience originating and/or refining and/or optimizing Membership program value propositions
- Solid understanding of how marketing-tech enables CRM delivery
- High level business understanding of GDPR
- Comfortable operating in a complex matrix organization
- Strong presentation skills at leadership level
- Collaborative; able to liaise closely across different levels of the organization
- Strong aesthetic eye and taste level; passion for detail
- Pro-active & responsive with a service oriented mindset
- Results driven through a data driven approach
- Leadership experience in managing teams with demonstrable regional and/or global remit with minimum three years regional or global remit
- Experience of working with the US and China markets
- Team player and natural at building informal network
- Highly flexible. No “nine to five” mentality. The team operates in a very busy high pressure environment
- Fluent (ideally near native) in English, both written and spoken
- Non-technical working knowledge of Consumer Data Platforms (CDP), Broadcast tool and/or Marketing Clouds (e.g. SFMC, Adobe, IBM Watson etc.), Loyalty Management platforms (e.g. SF Loyalty, Session M etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote. Experience working with (but not creating in) Tableau a plus
What You Can Expect from Us:
A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
A monthly Covid home- office budget
A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
COVID-19 and Working at PVH
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, the health, safety and well-being of our associates remains our #1 priority. As a result, your recruiting process may be conducted remotely, primarily via phone and video calls. Once you’re onboard, you’ll join in our Work Smart hybrid way of working, which is focused on connection, collaboration and community, with our dynamic offices and workspaces there to facilitate teamwork and innovation.
In your initial call, our Talent Acquisition Team will outline the full details of our Work Smart hybrid working policy, as well as any adapted measures that may be in place based on current government guidelines.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation