Merchandise Planning Associate, Women's
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 17 Nov 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Coordinator / Executive
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for implementation and execution of strategic vision to maximize profitability both in-season and pre-season; inclusive of Sales, GM, Inventory in collaboration with Planner. Align merchandise assortment strategy with financial goals. Contribute to corporate projects resulting in improved departmental systems and efficiencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Deliver financial results through assortment strategies using current/ historical trends; store research.
* Participate in fiscal planning by analyzing areas of strategic focus: identify growth, maintain and down trending businesses and brands
* Communicate financial strategies for key programs in pre-season meetings.
* Work cross-functionally with allocation team to support financial goals and strategies.
* Partner with buying to continually manage the business through in-season analysis and tactical adjustments Assortment Planning
* Quantify and ensure assortment supports financial targets in partnership with planner.
* Collaborate with buyer to work through assortment gaps/challenges.
* Support in-season assortment management, allocations, stock transfers, markdowns, etc.
* Provide analytical support to identify assortment opportunities Inventory Management
* Accountable for executing receipt management, reconciliation and reflow opportunities.
* Manage key item plans to ensure optimal inventory by style/color/size
* Provide analytical support to optimize inventory productivity Process Leadership
* Model the Ralph Lauren way.
* Partner with team leaders to align cross-functional objectives and best practices.
* Develop and maintain cross-divisional peer relationships.
* Communicate opportunities where management support is needed on initiatives and strategies.
* Foster a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment.
* Adapt to new technologies.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Systems & Tools
* Enterprise Planning
* Microsoft Office Suite
* BI suites: Microstrategy, Retail & Global insight
* JDA Allocation Required Skills
* High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
* Proficient in retail math and cost accounting
* Display analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrates strong listening, written and communication skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate
* Able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert