About the company:
For over 20 years IPPOLITA has been the premiere luxury fine jewelry line designed by a woman for women. Everything we do revolves around the idea that art matters, and that beauty has a profound impact on our worldview and our actions.
We are currently expanding our footprint with bigger web presence and retail store openings both in the US and abroad and are seeking someone who is passionate about the luxury sector to accompany us on this journey.
About the job:
The Controller reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for all areas of accounting, reporting, payables, collections, treasury management and taxes. The controller is a key member of the senior team and works with all departments within the company as well as outside auditors, factor, tax accountants, and lending bank.
- Manage all aspects of accounting department, billing, financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, revenue recognition, and various special analyses
- Oversee timely month and year end closings inclusive of P&L, Balance sheet Cash Flows and Consolidations
- Cash management including weekly vendor payments and maintenance of 13-week cash flow projection
- Processing of payroll through PEO (including onboarding, terminations, pay changes, etc).
- Collaborate with key players to prepare Annual Budget and Quarterly Forecasts
- Lead annual external financial audit, semi-annual bank audits, sales-tax audits
- Implement and maintain financial, business, and inventory controls and procedures
- Coordinate & lead physical inventories including cycle counts and year end physical
- Ensure timely collections and reconciliations of accounts receivable
- Manage all tax planning to comply with federal, state & local regulations including corporate and sales taxes
- Be a business partner providing insights for business decisions, as well as enterprise opportunities, projects, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- B.S. in Accounting, CPA and jewelry experience preferred
- 7-12 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years working for a retail brand
- Expert Excel skills and experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Navision strongly preferred
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of inventory account strongly preferred
- Strong track record of managing a staff including accountants and accounts payable/receivable
- High energy, team oriented with a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of the senior management team and influence decision making
- A self-starter who can take the lead and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage many different projects at the same time
- Demonstrate strong and persuasive communications skills
- Must possess the highest degree of honesty, personal integrity and ethical standards