Director, Chanel: 59th Street
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 11 Oct 2022
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
The CHANEL Brand Director is a transformative leader, who serves as the key strategic partner to the General Manager on all facets of the total CHANEL Business: RTW, ACC & Shoes. This individual is directly and indirectly responsible for the cultivation of the CHANEL business and brand including talent development, the customer experience, relationship selling, and product presentation.
The Director of CHANEL leads a high performing team of luxury sellers and leaders who excel at creating exceptional client experiences. Brand Image is paramount, as is strong Full Price Sell Through. The Director of CHANEL demonstrates the high-level capability and broad scale capacity to devise collaborative long-term strategic plans and execute those plans urgently and thoughtfully. The CHANEL Director will leverage and influence central partners, trade area leaders and store-line leadership team to support the development and execution of these plans, in addition to working closely with all CHANEL partners.
The Director is also responsible for curating the buy to Bloomingdale's client base and ensuring Full Price Sell Through targets are achieved.
The Director also works collaboratively with the Visual Merchandising team ensuring all standards are maintained and that the brand image is protected. The Director leads all Message Mode and selling ceremony training.
- Deliver performance metrics to plan in store: Sales, Net Promoter Score, Loyallist, Client Sales.
- Effectively partner with Operations leadership to manage store-controlled elements of profit and loss, including store payroll and non-payroll expense and shortage
- Analyze data and ground intelligence to Identify and capitalize on key business opportunities.
- Cultivate a customer centric team culture; be a vocal advocate for needed improvements to support the in-store customer experience
- Actively model outstanding customer care; participate in and lead the execution of top customer strategies.
- Execute CHANEL strategies with appropriate advocacy and localization for the store customer
- Develop collaborative and results-producing relationships with store, trade area, and central business partners
- Set clear expectations for leadership behavior and accountability for results; empower others to make decisions
- Lead by example as an active coach, providing ongoing feedback and guidance. Develop a strong bench of managers for future leadership positions
- Effectively communicate priorities and business-driving information to ensure leadership is aligned and equipped to maximize opportunities
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; ensure the team optimizes the use of tool and processes
- Drive store associate engagement by building teams committed to a diverse and inclusive environment, supporting a culture of learning and development, and providing consistent and feedback that drives employee engagement and retention
- Partner with the General Manager and Marketing leadership to engage and develop our Top-Of-The-List and Luxe clients, as a key business-driving opportunity
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Strong critical thinker with a strategic mindset. Proven ability to put in place multifaceted retail strategies that support and drive business outcomes.
- Strong leadership profile, business acumen and customer service orientation. A proven influencer with experience leading in a dynamic, fast paced Luxury store retail environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert