Assistant Features Editor (Part Time)- fixed term 6m contract
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Brimming with enthusiasm and fresh ideas, the Assistant Features Editor will create content that distinctly expresses Childrensalon’s brand values and tone of voice.
This role would ideally suit a highly organised individual with an excellent grasp of grammar, who can consistently deliver new content ideas and bring together beautifully written, engaging copy with product.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, 6 months fixed term contract, 3 days per week.
In this role, you will primarily assist in the creation of content ideas and the execution of features for our editorial content hub; collaborating closely with the Features Editor and the wider Features team.
- Assist the Features Editor in creating a range of interesting and engaging features from ideation, through to writing, editing and publishing.
- Assist in the building of posts in the CMS, to include the resizing of imagery using Photoshop.
- Regularly pitch new content ideas for the quarterly editorial content plan in addition to ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the editorial content strategy, helping to align it to the wider marketing plan.
- Assist in nurturing Childrensalon’s community of advocates, influencers, and bloggers.
- Stay on top of childrenswear trends, events and monitor social media sites to stay in touch with up to the minute industry news.
- Work to ensure all copy reflects the Childrensalon brand values (both tone of voice and editorial direction).
- In conjunction with the Features Writer, ensure that the content plan is up to date and that all publish deadlines are met.
- A proven ability to write engaging copy for digital platforms, you will be able to balance creativity with commerciality.
- A pro-active approach to generating new and exciting content ideas.
- An adept collaborator and communicator, with strong interviewing and networking skills.
- A strong understanding of the childrenswear industry and content that resonates with our Childrensalon customer types.
- A knowledge of fashion, seasonal trends and childrenswear brands.
- Editorial awareness and sub-editing/proof reading skills.
- Excellent work ethic and an ability to multitask
- A general understanding of SEO best practices.
- Deadline driven with a proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- 3+ years research, writing and editing experience in a similar role, with a proven interest in lifestyle, parenting and/or childrenswear.
- Experience of working in a global environment, with the ability to identify and understand cultural and environmental differences.
- A degree in English literature or journalism.
- Experience of writing for parents in a luxury retail environment.
- A familiarity with luxury childrenswear brands.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.