Design Admin Assistant
- Needle & Thread
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2022
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Key Responsibilities, to include but not be limited to:
- To support design team by managing and creating collection design boards with sketches and style details, within an excel document. To track the collection developments and progress and share with wider teams within the business.
- To support with live sketch development boards and work to keep updated with care and precision.
- Interpret designers’ hand drawn sketches in to computer, illustrator sketches. To make into clear technical drawings whilst maintaining the creative aspect of the styles.
- Create technical design packs ready to send out to factories for sample development. To include material specifications and garment construction direction. To work alongside designers, atelier team and technical team to collate the most clear and informative packs for factories to work from.
- Offer CAD support realising print or artwork layout ideas into digital sketches.
- Put together any required presentation documents required for design team creative directions or management design presentations.
- To keep studio tidy and organized maintaining and establishing effective filling systems.
- To manage samples, documenting any samples coming in and organizing respectfully both with physical samples and to help maintain sample tracking documents.
- To manage parcel requirements both incoming and out going to ensure smooth and cost-effective processes, liaising with Uk and India teams.
- Offer support and work closely with atelier team – understanding basic digital pattern cutting Gerber programs to assist in printing and sending patterns.
- To support developments between designers and pattern cutters by assisting with pattern development trackers and communication.
- Ensuring both design studio and atelier are fully stocked and have all equipment requirements.
- To help manage design team’s creative assets by recording and organizing any vintage sourcing, print artworks and style archives.
- Opportunity to work on creative projects, particularly with hands on textile developments in the form of fabric draping and manipulation
- To work on sample amendments, when required.
- Potential to work on sourcing and creative research for design team.
- General support to design team’s day to day needs.
- Excellent attention to detail is a key attribute to this role.
- Strong organizational and admin skills are important with the ability to work in a calm manner, even when under pressure.
- Good team player with collaborative nature.
- Excellent photoshop and illustrator skills with ability to work on technical garment sketches and CAD’s
- Some knowledge of garment construction would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of excel and PowerPoint programs is important.
- Excellent communicator with polite and respectful manner.
- Interest in textile product with romantic and feminine handwriting would be benefit the candidate for this role.
- Organized and tidy manner.
- Ability to listen and take direction to understand task requirements.
- Naturally driven and able to manage own workload and timelines with keen attention to deadlines.
- Good creative eye for colour and artwork / print layouts.
Founded in 2013 by CEO and Creative Director Hannah Coffin, Needle & Thread is best know for its ultra feminine and sophisticated contemporary womenswear, with an emphasis on hand embellishment and fine detailing.
The key international stockists include; Net-a-Porter, Harrods, Liberty, Bergdorf Goodman, Moda Operandi, Lane Crawford, and the brand’s flagship global online store needleandthread.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert