Junior Marketing Production Artist, Digital
- Banana Republic
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the Role
Based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office, the Junior Marketing Production Artist for Digital reports to the Manager of Digital Graphic Production. In this role, the Marketing Production Artist is responsible for the accuracy and quality of digital design files before their publication. Duties include diligently applying design changes and recommendations to each project while handling an array of projects at any given moment. A high standard for quality control is a must as production artists often provide the final approval of a project before its launch. This role requires active and assertive communication with all business partners within marketing.
The Jr. Marketing Digital Production Artist role requires a bachelor's degree in graphic design or commensurate experience in a related field. A high degree of proficiency in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is required along with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. The ability to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time is necessary.
What You'll Do
- Creating and manipulating graphics through Adobe Creative Suite apps such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Formatting graphics as well as collecting, processing and proofing various graphics files.
- Assisting design teams in producing advertising and digital graphics.
- Assessing project specifics and creating a final product that adheres to those digital requirements.
- Collaborating with the Online Producers to define design executional goals.
- Reviewing and proofing graphic materials after the designer finalizes the creative before execution.
- Translate creative and ideas into production-ready deliverables and versions.
- Work with mechanical digital standards before review and publishing.
- Create master files for renders and save in various sizes.
- Prepare and package files for final release (check size, bleed, colors, resolution, etc.)
- Assist with naming, converting, processing files.
- Create REF in PDF format for 3rd parties and/or franchises when uploading to WebDam.
- Troubleshoot production problems as they arise with designers, digital media and sites.
- Maintain familiarity with brand guidelines.
- Assist in the design of assets as needed to support the overall brand.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or commensurate experience in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably within the retail industry.
- Advanced expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,etc.) and familiarity with Workfront.
- Expertise in exporting, delivery and versioning for digital
- Ability to bring creative solutions to the table, even if it requires research.
- Ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities and deadlines expeditiously
- Always learning and keeping up with trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills for fostering and maintaining business relationships
- Detail-orientated problem solver
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics, designed for today with style that endures. Through thoughtful design, Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites to style and wear time and time again in new ways. Banana Republic offers fragrances, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes and handbags with detailed craftsmanship and luxurious materials. Founded in San Francisco, Banana Republic is a division of leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS). Customers may shop Banana Republic in more than 750 company-operated and franchise retail locations worldwide and online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert