NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Senior Manager of Private Client Relations will be responsible for developing and driving a holistic strategy with merchants and respective brand partners in the creation and participation of exclusive experiences/access for Neiman Marcus clients. This role will be a critical partner for the development of key programs & experiences for the Client Experience function. In addition, Senior Manager will be a key thought partner to the Private Client Relations Director in the continued development of experiential programs and operational improvements. Responsibilities & Duties Customer Experience
- Actively participate/support client experiences, in and out of stores
- Role will be responsible for engaging with clients, brand partners and internal partners at key experiences for Neiman Marcus
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility; owns processes related to client requests, merchant requirements, etc., with a solution-oriented mindset
- Actively participate and engage with clients as the brand ambassador at Neiman Marcus events
- Responsible for partnering with clients, merchants and brand teams to complete the purchase journey
- Exhibits NMG culture and values, and creates a friendly, upbeat atmosphere where customer service is consistent with Neiman Marcus standards
- Partners with Client Development, Brand Experience, Restaurants, Merchants, and Brand Partners to deliver an extraordinary customer experience
- Maintains a strong presence with store teams as a critical functional partner to deepen and build relationships with clients
- Proactively builds positive and productive relationships with vendors, customers, merchants, etc.
- Partners with functional leads for execution of in-store luxury events as needed
- Seeks to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of the team, customers, partners, and the community
- Leads brand relationships to a portfolio of 30+ luxury brand partners to review, ideate and create experiential opportunities and special product offerings
- Owns foundational calendar of Private Client Relationship program events and experiences
- Primary partner/leader to collaborate with Neiman Marcus merchandising leadership to develop Private Client Relations program
- This role is the customer experience subject matter expert; informs and educates all partners with valuable insights, client profiles, requests
- Sources events and experiences globally
- Creates and manages operational structure to review client requests, create product packages / leased boutique appointments, transfer tracking, etc.
- Works with cross functional partners in Personal Styling, Store leadership to identify experiential opportunities
- Partners with Private Client Relations Managers and Director to review client opportunities; determines eligibility for current calendar of activities, partners to create curated opportunities, pushes for new and bold experiences
- Strategize/operationalize process improvements for orders to ensure flawless and seamless execution and follow-through
- Leads process discussions and iterates as needed to exceed clients' expectations
- Partners with merchants and operational partners to ensure implementation of processes and systems
- Supports/manages Private Client Relations team member(s) with below responsibilities:
- Look Book creation and distribution leveraging digital and analog platforms
- Order submissions, tracking and communications
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and managing expense budgets accordingly
- Drives towards the achievement of maximum sales and growth in line with company vision and values in partnership with other functional leads for department
- Supports team execution, anticipating and adjusting for risks and roadblocks to maintain operational excellence for client experiences
- Provides input on strategic objectives and sets priorities accordingly by experience/event
- 5+ years' experience in buying, merchandising in luxury retail sector
- 10+ years of related Client Development / Client Relations related experience
- Motivated and results-driven with a proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates timely follow-up and follow-through on customer requests and commitments
- Independently resolves internal and external customer questions and concerns
- "Win together" mentality
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Skilled proficiency with MS Office Product Suite, advanced proficiency preferred
- 4-year degree preferred
- Travel will be required, 40%+