Senior Manager, Strategy
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Closing date
- 14 Oct 2022
- Strategy & Business Intelligence
- Senior Manager
For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.
About the Role
As Senior Manager of Strategy, you will be reporting into the Director of Strategy, and charged with driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth and long-range plans. You will be asked to motivate and lead team members through cross-functional efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team. Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities and enable Athleta to take effective action with data-driven recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Define Athleta's long range vision, identify and help prioritize strategic business initiatives, and create actionable plans to execute against both near- and long- term goals. Activities include 1) Identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans to action against business goals, 2) Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mining and analyzing data, building financial models, and performing market and competitive research, 3)Synthesizing findings, developing a storyline, and synthesizing the supporting material to communicate recommendations to senior management and leadership team
- Work closely with cross functional partners across finance, marketing, digital, merchandising and other functions to solve problems and generate analytical insights that enable effective decision making
- Support Board of Directors deliverables, including content creation, and accurately reflecting key themes and KPI measurements
- Mentor more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, and analytical framework development
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree plus 7-9 years of professional work experience, ideally including 2-3 years in management consulting, investment banking, or business operations with a top-tier firm / tech company / startup
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker - able to work in the details and communicate the "big picture"
- Strong business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
- Ability to process data (both qualitative and quantitative), draw out the most critical insights, and communicate them in an organized, structured manner
- Self-starting and independent project manager - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status and results across multiple projects
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
- Interest in and knowledge of retail / apparel industry
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Athleta was born in Sonoma County, created by athletes (mostly women) who love the great outdoors. We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’ve seen firsthand how fitness nourishes the mind, body and heart, and opens up new worlds for us. Most importantly, what we have learned along this journey is that alone we are strong, but united we thrive. Our stores have become hubs for their communities to meet, inspire and ignite each other into realizing their limitless potential. For all women and girls, no matter our body types or sports ability, there is no end to what is possible when we join together.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert