Account Executive - MAGIC
Account Executive - MAGIC
- Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA, USA Full-time - Hybrid
Who we are:
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade shows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and MICAM. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
The Account Executive is responsible for revenue generation primarily from existing/retention customers within the Fashion business unit. This role will manage sales to customers dependent on the market and brand context. The role will focus on specific brand(s) while also developing the flexibility to work across multiple product categories. This team is critical to the business, as the key to our success is retention of customer relationships, growth of accounts, and driving exhibitor participation at our physical and digital events. The Account Executive will involve a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face to face and attending shows, and will sell to valued existing customers. Their performance will be evaluated based on retention and growth of these accounts as well as customer service skill and administrative duties.
You will have the opportunity to develop your awareness of the fashion industry served building greater insight over time. Further show brand and industry expertise will be developed by collaborating with Sales Managers and Sales Directors. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their
attendance at our physical and digital events. You will understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Sell to existing customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through application process
- Execute on assigned Sales campaigns, against accounts, products, and revenue targets, in line with sales plan
- Support on-site existing customer accounts, by providing exceptional customer service
- Distribute customer insight to the Sales Director, Sales Managers and VP Events
- Keep Sales Director & VP Events informed of the customer pipeline and critical information through accurate use of Salesforce
- Maintain accurate exhibitor information in salesforce and proof digital and physical show guide information and listings
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity, and customer information within Salesforce (CRM system)
- Build industry-specific and product knowledge, reading industry research
- Support Finance/Billers in resolving bad debt customers as a final escalation point as well as helping to collect deposits or balances
- Create new business opportunities supporting Sales Managers and Directors by assisting in lead entry and lead research via internet and social media
- Manage reports via salesforce as well as excel to support the sales team
- Manage floor planning process and assist Sales Director and Sales Managers in exhibitor placement
- Create floor plan change sheets and proof floor plans
- Assist with consumer service question to prep exhibitors for the live event as well as the digital event
- Help with onboarding to the digital event platform
As an Account Executive, you will be evaluated on:
- Account Executive square footage and revenue targets
- Show existing customer revenue performance against target
- Individual performance metrics
- Number of pipeline opportunities
- Percent of sales target attained
- Campaign penetration rates
- Individual sales activity metrics
- Number of calls/emails productivity
- Customer contact volume
- Sales process and technology adoption metrics
- Key Salesforce system adoption metrics
- Sales Excellence pipeline process adoption
- New sales support through lead entry and research
- Administrative tasks completion and support, proofing, change sheets.
What you bring to the team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years’ experience in a B2B sales team or Fashion Sales and proven ability to deliver and exceed revenue targets
- 2-5 years’ experience in administrative support work and assistance
- Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Relationship management experience including maintaining customer connection and communication
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to ask probing questions to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Relationships with apparel and footwear wholesale accounts is a plus.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.