Product Development Assistant (Sweaters, Cut & Sew Knits)
The ideal candidate will have a passion for product, is highly organized and well versed on illustrator and Excel. This role is based out of our NYC office and reports to the Senior Director, Knitwear.
Support and assist in day-to-day operations of Product Development + Design teams for sweaters, as follows:
- Assist in the sourcing of yarns and trims each season, as well as pricing, organizing, and archiving seasonal yarn cards / selections sent from mills / vendors
- Assist PD Associate in the ordering of yarns and other raw materials, sending color standards as needed, as well as tracking status of all materials
- Work with PD Associate to create a line chart of all requested samples from factories each season, as well as tracking sample status
- Create and maintain BOMs for all styles throughout development process
- Responsible for coordinating and sending parcels to overseas factories, as well as checking in samples, mock-ups, and approvals when boxes are received
- Maintain swatch and sample library, organizing and archiving garments each season for future design reference or distribution to sample sale
- Photograph salesman samples for design library prior to selling appointments
- Steam and prepare samples for fittings and selling appointments, affixing buttons and other trims, when necessary
- Attend fittings, when possible, taking detailed fit photos and organizing / categorizing pictures, as directed
- Partner with PD Associate to set up all styles in PLM system prior to market appointments each season
- Product Development / Production major is preferable – applicants should have a strong interest in learning the ins-and-outs of knitwear (sweater and cut & sew) development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with product development and production processes
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral), as well as attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.