The role is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Denim Design Director.
- Design Denim and Non-Denim from concept to production.
- Coordinate with team to find creative execution to Denim product.
- Work closely with technical design, production, merchandising to maintain and deliver quality product.
- Research seasonal trends, themes, raw materials, and fabric.
- Key player in conducting fittings.
- Will be traveling to LA wash houses and domestic vendors to develop SMS seasonally with department PD.
- Develop seasonal washes that works into new assortment.
- Presents design concepts and sketches to VP and Creative Directors.
- BA or BFA specializing in Fashion Design
- 4-5 years Design experience
- Denim experience required
- Expert user in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, and Outlook
- Strong Denim wash and Denim business knowledge
- Elevated taste level and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to manage and lead others
- Knowledge in Denim/garment construction
- Ability to conduct Wash research and fabric
- Strong sense of color
- Knowledge of seasonal silhouette and wash trends
- Strong illustration/ presentation skills
- Understanding the Brand’s DNA and customer to design back into the collection
- Strong sense on trends and market research to apply back into the assortment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiatives when needed
- Detail oriented, and good follow through
- Strong organizational, communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills, adaptability, and flexibility
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Thinks creatively, possesses the ability to identify trends and tracks ongoing business
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.