Product Development Work Placement
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
We are offering an exciting Product Development Work Placement opportunity for a student to experience the entire cycle of developing a collection; from assisting with initial sourcing, working with the Product Development team in the development of samples to preparing the garment samples for a Collection show or photoshoot.
Students within the Product Development department are an integral part of our team, working closely with the Product Developers on each Collection. Working within a fast-paced environment, Students also get an insight into the full company dynamic, from design and development through to production. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is driven, detailed orientated and had has a passion for developing beautiful RTW collections for a world-renowned British brand.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising and creating sample packages against trim sheets under supervision
- Updating season trim sheets throughout development process
- QC of samples/fabrics and embroidery under supervision
- Managing the intake of SMS samples once received in house, preparing for fittings
- Visiting factories where required and local component or trim sourcing
- Assisting the sample room with hand sewing amendments when required
- Creating handover books for production
- Booking and tracking couriers for new season packages and send outs
- General studio up-keep and organising; ensuring the studio and PD areas are clean and tidy, organising reference folders of fabrics and trim qualities
- Updating main design boards with PD development stages
- Dressing at our Main Collection Shows at London Fashion week
The Ideal Candidate:
- A Student undertaking their Degree Work Placement from a top-tier institution, studying a Fashion related degree.
- Hands on can-do attitude with an exceptional work ethic
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when required
- Ability to think on their feet with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, able to work independently and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Duration of the work placement: min. 3 months
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes – specifically Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop programmes is beneficial
- Knowledge of basic hand sewing skills and use of an industrial sewing machine is beneficial
- Background knowledge of luxury garments is desirable
What you will learn/what we will teach you:
- The process and steps involved in the development of a high-end Womenswear & Menswear Collections
- Developing a working knowledge of garment and raw material development
- How a collection is developed from sampling stage to production
- A strong working knowledge of materials and their properties
- The costing process from start to finish; a great understand how we achieve prices and margin for development
- How a luxury label operates day to day; send outs, fabric organisations, UPS/logistics, meeting suppliers/manufacturers, internal meetings with stake holders
- A great understanding of the team dynamics in a fast-paced luxury- high end fashion environment
If this role is of interest and you are eligible, please apply with your covering letter stating why you would benefit from the is placement, CV and examples of work.
Established in London in 2005, ERDEM has come to be synonymous with versatile yet powerful femininity. Founder Erdem Moralioglu trained at the prestigious Royal College of Art in London where he remained to launch the label following his graduation. Known for his use of experimental textiles, vibrant prints, and detailed craftsmanship, Erdem has created a beautiful world of the delicate mixed with the bold.
ERDEM has received numerous accolades over the years, including the 2008 British Fashion Council’s Fashion Forward Award; the 2010 inaugural Vogue / British Fashion Council Designer Fashion Fund Award, the 2012 British Fashion Council’s New Establishment Award, the 2013 British Fashion Council’s Red Carpet Award, the 2014 British Fashion Council’s Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, the 2015 British Fashion Council’s Establishment Designer Award, the 2016 Fashion Group International Fashion Star Award and most recently the Canadian Arts & Fashion International Canadian Designer of the Year Award.
ERDEM is sold in over 170 of the most exclusive retailers, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Joyce, Colette, Dover Street Market, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.
After launching an E-commerce store in 2014, the label opened its debut flagship store in London’s Mayfair in August 2015.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert