Accounts Payable Clerk
Description of the Role:
Full-time position reporting into the Head of Financial Control taking full ownership of the Accounts Payable function.
What you will do:
Full ownership of the Accounts Payable function to include the following:
- Posting of invoices to Netsuite ensuring that the are matched to the PO (rate & quantity), they are coded correctly (GL account, department & market) and the appropriate authorisations are obtained.
- Completing and advising on the weekly payment run.
- Setting up multi-currency payments and sending remittances to suppliers.
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers including query resolution and communication of payments.
- Maintaining strong relationships with budget holders within the business to ensure accuracy of AP postings.
- Updating and maintaining the cashflow/payment run file on a daily basis.
- Ownership of AP stock processes including GRNI reconciliation; working closely with the Production & Merchandising teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of stock movements and postings.
- Managing the Accounts email inbox.
- Reconciliation of Aged Creditors report to the trial balance.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of GRNI and other stock balance sheet accounts.
- Significant previous experience in Accounts Payable within an SME retail/eCommerce business.
- Experience with stock is preferable, including an understanding of GRNI accounts.
- Solid financial systems experience; Netsuite preferable.
- Strong Excel skills. (pivots, lookups etc.)
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
Taking on the role you will be:
- A motivated and ambitious team player, keen to be an integral part of the Finance team.
- A great communicator, building and encouraging strong relationships with the rest of The Fold team.
Benefits of working with The Fold: Pension Smart Pension.
- 25 days holidays in addition to the usual bank holidays.
- Modern West London office with complimentary drinks and fresh fruit.
- Inspiring Q&A talks with leading professionals.
- A Fold Gift card twice a year. (After successful completion of probationary period)
- The staff discount policy includes an allowance to spend per season and 50% off the full retail price.
- A National Art Pass – lets you enjoy free entry to hundreds of museums, galleries and historic houses across the UK and 50% off major exhibitions.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Regular team socials.
Join The Fold Team:
We are an ambitious, supportive and passionate team who love what we do. We are founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on quality. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion across our business and within our teams, creating equal opportunities for employees and applicants.
We strive to uphold a values-based working culture with five key principles across the business:
- Be Humbitious: Be ambitious for yourself and The Fold in a humble way - don’t be a diva.
- Wrap it up with a bow on it: Be a completer finisher, be able to trust others to take on a job completely and fully, and earn that same trust yourself.
- Be Empowered: Take on responsibility, share your views confidently but kindly, feel ownership, take pride in results,
- Fold Gold Standard: Quality and professionalism, don’t just ‘let it go’, pride ourselves on attention to detail and excellence in everything we do, deliver results.
- Embrace, pace, progress and adventure: Know that to fully embrace our ambition and our challenges, this will mean stepping out of your comfort zone - get comfortable being uncomfortable.