This person will be responsible for reviewing weekly performance, executing the seasonal line plan by channel, developing department and classification strategies, helping to facilitate monthly hindsight reports, and ensuring margin and sell through targets are achieved in season. This role is based in our NY office and reports to the Director of Merchandising.
- Execute weekly and monthly reporting and comparative analysis of Veronica Beard sales performance. Recap by delivery, class and attribute selling to understand nuances by region and identify opportunities and/ or risks for business.
- Work on combining the DTC global selling data
- Oversee seasonal line planning by channel and classification to improve adoption rate
- Prepare weekly and monthly product reporting in partnership with the rest of the Merchandising team, to develop strategies to improve amount of productive SKUs and sell through
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners
- Highlight takeaways and deliverables needed to ensure we are developing the most accurate number of styles and SKU’s to limit risk and maximize in season opportunities
- Monitor product sell thru and work with wholesale and DTC planning team to see ideal product opportunities by month
- Complete seasonal product hindsight reporting to support future strategy development and ensure WS and DTC needs are being fulfilled
- Partner with Merchandising and Design in prepping for additional ad hoc reporting, creating assortment and SKU count plans by classification, and financial plan build outs for future line planning
- Maintain market awareness through store visits, competitor shopping and product / pricing analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of relevant merchandising planning experience in planning
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Personable, team oriented and capable of developing strong working relationship with internal and external partners
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and flexible to deadline demands
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.