Freelance RTW Patternmaker
The position is fully remote with occasional in-person fittings in our NYC corporate office. The ideal candidate will have extensive women’s patternmaking experience.
- Work on pattern corrections from Proto through TOP stage (Development through Production)
- Draft development pattern based on sketch, specs, and block given
- Attend in person and virtual fittings as needed, seasonally
- Work directly with Product Development and Technical Design teams to understand desired fit & pattern corrections, including phone calls and emails when needed.
- Make pattern revisions according to fit comments and adjusted specs
- Provide updated cutters must and paper pattern after corrections
- 10 years experience as a womenswear pattern maker
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience in leading fittings
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Ability to translate fit comments to pattern corrections
- Ability to communicate and interface with technical design & production team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.