Freelance Technical Designer
Veronica Beard is looking for a Freelance Technical Designer to join our Tech Design Department. The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reporting to our Senior Director of Technical Design.
- Collaborate with Design, PD & Production teams to ensure proper and professional communication and produce exceptional garments
- Prioritize daily and seasonal workload based on fabric/garment delivery. Meet weekly and seasonal deadlines.
- Take on additional projects as needed
- Work within multiple product categories including woven tops, woven dresses, woven skirts, jackets, pants, denim and cut & sew
Work on development & production seasons simultaneously:
- Attend initial Design handoffs for new product & complete technical packages within deadline
- Attend proto fittings and take notes
- Measure all proto garments for designated product categories
- Write proto fit comments and update specs for designated product categories
- Spec & prep garments prior to fitting
- Lead production fittings
- Write fit comments for all styles in designated product categories
- Maintain consistent size and fit based on Veronica Beard standards
- 5 years of experience as a Technical Designer
- Expert at leading fittings
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Strong knowledge of patternmaking, draping, grading
- Ability to communicate fit corrections to factories overseas
- Ability to professionally communicate and interface with designers, merchandising, production, and freelance patternmakers
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in a PLM/PDM system
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong sense of urgency, organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, problem-solver, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.