Assistant Management Accountant
The Business of Fashion is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to support the Finance and Operations team, reporting to the Financial Accountant. The role is focused around ensuring the smooth running and operation of the accounts payable processes, month end reporting, business performance analysis and ad hoc work in support of achieving BoF’s strategic goals.
This is a great growth opportunity for a results-oriented and analytical professional to participate in an exciting, rapidly growing creative and global business.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally
What We Need You To Do
The Assistant Management Accountant is a vital role which acts as the foundation of the finance team, supporting the function with timely reporting, and managing our outsourced payment process. Accounts Payable.
To be successful in this role:
- You will be responsible for liaising between the BoF and our outsourced Accounts Payable company, for any queries and process coordination ensuring the smooth operation of purchase order approvals, timely payments and correct general ledger allocation for all expenses incurred.
- You will act as the facilitator of timely communication between BoF and the outsource provider, ensuring queries are promptly dealt with and outsource team members are updated regularly, seeking to identify ways in which the efficiency and effectiveness of processes are enhanced.
- You will also be responsible for the administration of out of process manual payments, seeking to minimise the occurrence of such payments where possible.
- Liaising with various teams across the business to facilitate the process of timely invoice payments and ensure the governance process is followed with respect to approvals.
- Administration of our approval matrix, as required.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted to the correct cost categories in our general ledger.
- Analysis of Supplier payment runs for cash flow forecasting and cost control purposes.
- Reporting and Analysis Month end reporting, providing assistance to the Financial Accountant with the timely close of the month end Management Accounts, and variance analysis on cost and revenue lines.
- Providing assistance in reconciling actual versus budgeted costs for our Events & Special Projects teams.
- Ensuring the accuracy and ongoing control of credit card expenditure, accurate general ledger postings and reconciliations of actual with budgeted costs.
- We operate a centralised email management system, enabling all emails received to be allocated as tasks to all members of the finance team. You will be responsible for the administration of this Front Email Management system, ensuring tasks are accurately allocated and highlighting delays in the completion of allocated tasks to ensure an efficient and timely response is delivered.
- Calculating Sales Commissions, coordination of calculation of sales commissions between finance and our commercial teams.
- Assisting with Annual Audit. Freelancer contracts, providing support for the completion of all freelance contracts.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects to support the Finance team as and when required.
Who you are
- You will be part-qualified in a recognised accounting accreditation (e.g. ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- You will have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- You are able to demonstrate a proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- You will have detailed exposure to operating Excel/Google spreadsheets and accounting software, ideally Xero
- You have customer service orientation and good negotiation skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multiple levels and functions
- You are highly organised, results-oriented and with a very strong attention to detail
- You will have an understanding of the principles of finance and accounting and be keen to develop these through future qualifications
You’ll Know You’re Successful When
- Your colleagues within the finance team are able to delegate tasks to you and you are able to take them from inception to completion
- You take an active role in weekly team meetings, making suggestions for improvement that are accepted by the wider team
- You are asked to take on new projects working with the wider BoF team as the main Finance contributor with ‘light-touch’ guidance from the Financial Accountant and other senior Finance personnel