Account Supervisor - Beauty Brands
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR - BEAUTY PRACTICE
BPCM is a strategic advisory & communications firm located in the heart of Dumbo. We have been partnering with brands and building careers for over 20+ years and are a Female lead and all-inclusive driven company. We care about sustainability, brand recognition and telling stories that live on and we look for people that want to join a team that is supportive of one another, celebrates innovation and encourages growth. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you.
BPCM is looking for a charismatic Account Supervisor for our Beauty PR Team with a proven track record of planning and implementing communications strategies developed with clients to support the promotion of their product or brand to a desired target audience. This role is 50% dedicated to one company and focuses on 4 brands total within the portfolio to date (with the opportunity to expand). Candidates should have a minimum of 6-8 years of previous experience working with prestige and luxury beauty brands at a public relations agency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Serve as day-to-day client lead for media and organic influencer relations
- Provide advice and counsel for proper media and approach for effective PR campaigns and brand building initiatives.
- Partner with client and internal team to create image-building, instagrammable and shareable events that generate positive ROI/EMV.
- Lead weekly internal and external team meetings
- Advise clients on brand positioning and messaging
- Ability to develop and nurture client confidence and relationships
- Must have a strong understanding of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively contribute to story angle development that is strategic and timely, maximizing product placement and brand feature placements across national, regional, online, trade and broadcast outlets
- Secure exposure and submissions for industry associations and organization awards (i.e. CEW, Fragrance Foundation, Allure Best of Beauty)
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff on all responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also work independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Extremely strong/expert level knowledge of beauty influencer and media practices, as well as proven results garnering coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
- Must have extensive and extremely well-established senior and director level media contacts in top tier media platforms, trade publications and national, regional and online media
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented and high-energy environment
- Ability to manage major account independently with a positive and proactive attitude
- Manages an SAE/AE on all initiatives and responsibilities
- Day-to-day client communications lead
Strategy/Media/Influencer Relations Management:
- Core day-to-day point person for influencers and media
- Responsible for proactive pitching and influencer outreach (e.g. beauty, fashion and style influencers)
- Participation in strategic brainstorming sessions with internal client team and inter agency team
- Creation of overarching communications Strategy, in partnership with senior BPCM team members
- Plan and actualize Influencer and PR events
- Influencer and press event management
- Manage staff on mailings; production, follow-up and reporting; oversee client communication
- Consistently and regularly arrange 1:1 meetings with press and influencers
- Press releases (writing/distribution)
- Coordinating and reviewing spokesperson interviews for accuracy
- Drafting spokesperson interview responses as necessary
- Create talking points for talent
- Manage project budgets
- Oversee beauty awards tracking grid and submissions
- Conduct weekly status meetings & recaps, be available at reasonable times and places to confer with client team regarding PR efforts
- Oversee press credit analysis in conjunction with Cision
- Provide monthly reporting and YTD reporting, outlining all PR activities done and placements published, pending and in the works, for print and digital
- Provide recommendation and implementation of analytics tool
- Work with Brand to define KPIs
- Press releases (writing/distribution)
- Coordinate and review spokesperson interviews for accuracy
- Drafting interview responses as necessary
- B.A. / 6-8 years PR agency experience in working on campaigns with top Beauty brands.
- Bachelor's degree required; Ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Career focused, dedicated and a true passion for Beauty, ideally with experience and a passion for fragrance and color cosmetics
- Ability to align press initiatives with business goals of brands/clients
- Expert at maintaining ongoing relationships with members of top-tier media
- Independent thinker with hands-on can-do, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Proficient in Dash Hudson, DMR, Tribe Analytics, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Cision, etc.
We believe that the most important aspect of our agency is our team, and we take great care in ensuring their wellbeing, connection and support. We just moved to Dumbo and love the breathtaking views of Manhattan, surrounded by great bars, restaurants, parks, and picnic areas. If you ask our team, people who used to work for us and people who left and came back, everyone will tell you that BPCM is extremely strong in building community and caring for the individual. Although we work in a fast-paced, high-achieving environment, the team always look out for each other and have each other’s back. We are an agency that’s committed to excellence for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, hybrid work schedule, monthly tech stipend, dog friendly, summer hours and a generous Paid Time Off policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.