- Comme des Garçons
- New York City, New York (US)
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- 21 Jun 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An experienced Retail Merchandiser with confidence in analysis of data, quick follow through, and extreme attention to detail. It is essential that this person is highly knowledgeable in excel and fashion merchandising. This role will managed our Comme des Garcons lines and designer buy brands with Dover Street Market NY and Dover Street Market LA.
- General Inventory maintenance including management of transfers, RTV’s, auto-replenishment and Purchase Orders.
- Improve seasonal development, concentrating on the bigger picture.
- Work closely with Inventory Control Manager to ensure stock levels are always accurate.
- Create longstanding relationships with brands.
- Working within the Merchandising Team to ensure that all orders are placed on time with suppliers, order confirmations are received and Purchase Orders are uploaded into the system
- Responsible for sending out weekly and monthly sell-through reports to the assigned businesses; coming up with a plan of actions to achieve the seasonal budget.
- Liaise with all suppliers, maintaining a good relationship and ensuring that deliveries are made on time and in a correct manner.
- Cataloguing new merchandise.
- Generation of regular reports to analyze sell-through and performance of brands and suggest actions.
- Control allocation & distribution of stock based on budget.
- Create buy sheets and upload purchase orders.
- Provide and assist with product assortment for visual merchandising.
- Liaise with global DSM and CDG offices for special orders and product transfers as needed.
- Notify Security and Operations team of product launches that require security.
- Buying administration; during Buying season assisting with completing and updating order sheets. Generating reports in advance of the buying season and analyzing data to assist the buyers.
- Working with accounts team for invoice approval.
- Monitor the performance of measurable targets on a weekly basis.
- Planning and execution of product launches.
- Highly accurate stock system and its implementation with accounting.
- Work with Press team to promote product.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated individual able to manage their assigned businesses and converse internally and externally.
- A self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Will strategize to drive the business forward.
- 3-4+ years experience in a Merchandising role
- Merchandising experience with jewelry preferred
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- MUST be advanced in creating Excel reports from raw data
- Excellent understanding of the entire buying and merchandising process
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Rei Kawakubo started manufacturing and selling women's wear under the name of Comme des Garçons in 1969. In 1973 the company was established under the same name. Menswear was introduced in 1978. The first show was held in Tokyo in 1975, and a subsidiary was established in Paris in 1981 with international development in mind. Rei Kawakubo remains at the helm of Comme des Garçons and continues to oversee all creative and business aspects of the company
443 Park Avenue S
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert