Designer - Womens Accesories
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
Are you an Accessories Designer looking for a new & rewarding opportunity? Do you enjoy working as part of a creative team to achieve great results? Are you passionate about design with a focus on footwear and bags? If so, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for an Accessories Designer to join our Womenswear Design team.
This role will report into the Head of Womens Accessories and is offered on a Full Time Temporary 12 month fixed term contract.
As the Accessories Designer you will work with our footwear Product Developer & internal buying and design team to define and drive the seasonally relevant fashion direction for the COS accessories collection with a focus on footwear, bags and outdoor. You will design and develop an effortless, confident collection with attention to detail, fitting and quality. You will have a clear understanding of the COS aesthetics and the customer to ensure visual and design targets of the brand are met.
What you will do:
- Responsible to help drive the assortment throughout your department, by having a clear understanding of our customer and the COS aesthetics
- Ensure the development of the collection and trends each season
- Evaluate and research constantly the customer and trends Responsible to create extensive research and sketches.
- Coordinate the assortment planning continuously review the assortment and act on selling and fashion trends.
- Ensure that the collection caters for all customer groups and is balanced regarding the fashion triangle.
- Demonstrate a strong design identity inline with COS aesthetics, provide a sense of colours and details, deliver a high awareness of current trends
- Demonstrate a wide technical knowledge and a great understanding of textiles, colours, fit and finishing.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Developer to lead fit sessions, innovation and quality. ensuring assistants deliver clear sketches to production
- Identify areas for improvement and seek out future design trends and develop/adapt new ways of working
- Develop and communicate visual information to all relevant functions
- Communicate the department goals and results throughout the organisation as require
- Cooperate with the buying team to drive product development by consideration of relevant analyses and understanding the COS aesthetics & customer
- Guide, involve, inspire and develop junior team members, challenge them to act with confidence
- Working collaboratively with the wider RTW design team to ensure a full wardrobe is presented to the customer in line with Brand strategy and aesthetics.
- Significant experience working as an Accessories Designer
- Certifiable textile/design qualification with a focus on shoes preferred
- Strong team player and inspiring communicator
- Able to do extensive research within the set timescales.
- Have a wide technical knowledge and strong 3-dimensional sense.
- Good eye for colour, detail, and proportion
- Demonstrate a strong sensitivity to fabrication and colour as well as design identity.
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
Please kindly note that in order for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic.
Why choose COS?
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.