At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
- The Senior Manager, Channel Innovation will help to bring the digital innovation vision to life through the creation and delivery of pioneering customer experiences for the metaverse and beyond.
- They will be creative, with boundless enthusiasm for new technologies and consumer trends that allow Burberry to tell its brand stories in new, unimaginable ways.
- This role will sit within the Channel Innovation team, which is responsible for the creation of special digital initiatives that don't sit firmly within a single channel, but rather span many at a time, from virtual spaces, to social and in-store.
- Deliver innovative multi-platform, multi-channel experiences across a wide gamut of mediums, technologies, and methods from burberry.com or in stores through to broader gaming activations
- Work with the Director to help set the team's strategic priorities. They will need to have a good understanding of the business and have the vision to create future-looking plans that help build brand love.
- Run the day to day of complex initiatives - managing timely roll out of agreed strategy, managing creative development and approvals, team input across key departments and key stakeholders across various teams
- Lead the planning of these initiatives working in close collaboration and partnership with key marketing channels and delivery teams.
- Facilitate a streamlined interface between all involved parties, building strong working relationships across teams
- Navigate the joins across various teams and initiatives, identifying opportunities for synergies, collaboration and efficiencies
- Partner with the broader creative media department, channel innovation working teams, creative technology, architecture, VM and others to help deliver coherent and authentic brand experiences
- Pull together and effectively manage campaign budgets - to ensure we are able to deliver the right scope at the right cost.
- Champion new technologies, pro-actively staying up to date with the latest trends in the innovation space, with a particular focus on Web 3 technologies and experiences, virtual product, and the meeting point of physical and digital experiences. Ultimately seeking out fresh ways for Burberry to enable self-expression in virtual spaces.
- Consistently serve as a source of inspiration and galvanisation around the department and wider business to create pioneering experiences.
- Work across many different channels and teams, engaging with senior leaders across these groups. This will require the ability to understand and navigate organisational particularities.
- Excite and inspire others to deliver on their behalf. This will require outstanding communications skills, the ability to build and manage relationships and foster efficient and collaborative ways of working across the whole team.
- Effectively lobby and win support for key initiatives across multiple channels and organisational teams
- A strong communicator, able to manage both up and down in the most effective and efficient way.
- As all projects will involve the participation of multiple cross-discipline teams, open, multi-directional and continuous communication is an essential part of the every day and the key to a successful roll out.
- Exemplary at presenting ideas at both a high level for senior stakeholders, but also at a more detail level for peers and working teams - someone versed in storytelling and taking people on a journey.
- Problem Solving
- A skilled creative problem solver - using a broader, bigger-picture perspective to think outside the box to find solutions and options in the face of challenges and evolving priorities.
- With key decision makers often presenting last minute requests/changes, it is important that the Senior Manager is flexible and accommodating.
- Pro-active and self-driven - able to manage and prioritize workload for self and priorities for others, with an acute attention to detail
- You might have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in marketing, advertising, communications or similar area. Or if not, you will have relevant demonstrable work and life experience you can talk about.
- Extensive experience in marketing and/or digital marketing - seeing projects from conception all the way through to delivery and reporting.
- Demonstrable strategic prowess - the ability to see the bigger picture to help assemble an actionable vision of the future.
- Knowledge of and passion for the latest digital consumer trends and platforms (Blockchain, web 3, gaming, AR, VR, etc.), and a passion for using these to tell stories in exciting ways.
- Firm understanding for the luxury and fashion industries, with an enthusiasm for the specific consumer and their needs.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in project management methods and principles, including the management of budgets, timelines, etc.
- Results driven individual, with good understanding of reporting and KPI tracking methods
- Strong writing, communication, storytelling and verbal presentation skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || MARKETING || CENTRAL - DIGITAL MARKETING || n/a ||