PROJECT MANAGER, STORE CONSTRUCTION
The Project Manager, Store Construction will support/lead all facets of opening a new store or renovating/refreshing existing locations. He/she primary focus will be firming-up bid drawings with the professional team, preparing GC bid packages/bidding, managing RFIs, leveling, awarding, construction management, turnover, and closeout. The candidate will also be required to review and manage shop drawings/approvals, review and approve quotes to ensure they align with the defined budgets.
Our ideal person is experienced, networked, and sophisticated as it relates to job site conditions, construction management, quality, schedule, budget, and comes with prior luxury store experience.
- Review architectural plans, lease exhibits, shop drawings, vendor proposals, and other documentation related to design development and construction processes
- Assist in the development of construction guidelines with the Director, Store Design and Planning.
- Tracks, manages and monitors the completion of all projects on a timely basis within budget, while collaborating with internal stakeholders and external teams
- Assist in procurement of owner vendor and/or owner furnished items.
- Facilitate weekly project meetings with GCs, architects, OFI vendors, and landlords as needed.
- Participate in site meetings as needed with the architect and general contractor during the construction phase of a project
- Facilitate RFI’s with professional team and general contractor
- Problem resolution with respect to job site issues, field conditions, professional team/contactor disputes
- Reviews general contractor pay applications to be in conformance with the contract and approved change orders
- Regularly review schedules/cost reports with the Director, SDP
- Record-keeping for project completions, manage archives storage and finalize financial budget
- Coordinate with internal departments such as IT, Visual and Retail Operations throughout the process, and provide team support during store opening
- Punch list and store close-out documentation follow-up
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Project Management
- 10+ years experience in luxury retail construction/project management.
- Candidates must possess an eye for detail for high-end/luxury retail.
- Essential that the candidate read and interpret architectural drawings; must have the ability to comprehend construction sets, millworking, MEP design and lighting design.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, with minimal direction, within a team environment and independently.
- Must have a proactive work ethic with excellent time management and be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; he/she should be very systematic and comprehensive in all responsibilities/accountabilities of the job
- Computer Skills: Project management software such as Mircrosft Project, PlanGrid and Smartsheet. AutoCAD skills a plus
- Travel 20% to 50% of the time for store buildouts and openings.