Director of Retail Operations and Coordination
Rebag, the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags and accessories, is an e-commerce company reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market. Rebag has opened a world of endless access to luxury, with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free.
Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores, with locations in Los Angeles, New York and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $101m in funding to date. In 2020, Rebag was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Rebag has been featured in the New York Times, Business of Fashion, VOGUE, TechCrunch and more.
Whom We Are Looking For
We are looking for a best-in-class retail leader with a successful background in multi-unit store experience in a start-up and global brand environment with extreme attention to detail and thorough planning abilities! Our optimal candidate is an expert in professional development, communication, and executes consistent management of details. This individual can also identify technical, operational, and organizational roadblocks and see's ten steps ahead to prevent them from happening or resolving them instantly with scalability in mind.
Your Day to Day
As a Director of Retail Operations and Coordination, you will assist the Sr. Director of Consumer Operations and Sr. Director of Retail and Omni Channel drive the future of store operations. In this role, you will help implement and manage new processes that build efficiency for in-store teams that will allow more time for retail teams to drive an amazing client experience. You will also be required to build strategies to best manage the consumers' operational experiences in-store. We require that the day-to-day focus is working hands-on with every location to ensure that operational standards, business processes and new retail openings are delivered with luxury in mind.
- Develop key initiatives to be implemented region wide, with leadership of Sr. Director of Consumer Operations and Sr. Director of Retail and Omni Channel, and in partnership from key stakeholders to improve operational practices
- Participate and Value-add to the hiring and on boarding of all retail teams and develop training as necessary using tools developed by Retail Leadership teams
- Educate and train teams on all operations standards and inventory
- Train and communicate regularly on KPIs and opportunities to better the Rebag Bar and Inventory process and procedures
- Develop loss prevention strategy to promote inventory control and reduce loss/Shrink
- Collaborate within Retail Operations, Heads of Retail for Central region and Cross functional teams
- Reporting into Sr. Manager of Consumer Operations and Retail Learning with a dotted line to Sr. Manager of Retail and Omni Channel to ensure alignment between directives and business needs at all times
- Lead initiatives to improve employee experience from an operational standpoint
- Drive Rebag spirit of cross functional collaboration within Retail Team but also with other departments
- Be a leader and center of knowledge on all systems and process, policy, tech tools.
- Lead opening procedures and closures as necessary
Day to Day:
- Maintain close partnership with field management team to report on daily behaviors that are driving key initiatives.
- Maintain high standards in store operational experience by visiting stores daily.
- Monitor daily the operational flows of the Rebag Bar
- Coordinate and order supply necessary for store functions
- Work closely with marketing to execute in-store events
- Work closely with real estate team to ensure new store opening deadlines are met
- Build processes for day-to-day management of the omni platform and define, in partnership with product and tech, roadmap of future enhancements.
- Manage and assist in contractor coordination for store maintenance requests