Account Executive - Beauty Brands
BPCM is a strategic advisory & communications firm located in the heart of Dumbo. We have been partnering with brands and building careers for over 20+ years and are a Female lead and all-inclusive driven company. We care about sustainability, brand recognition and telling stories that live on and we look for people that want to join a team that is supportive of one another, celebrates innovation and encourages growth. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you.
The Account Executive role will work on globally recognized, luxury, beauty brands. The team you will be joining is extremely supportive, collaborative and a fun bunch. The role will be what you make it and more.
About the role:
- Career focused, dedicated and a true passion for Beauty
- Multitask across multiple client accounts and projects under deadline
- Independent thinker with hands-on can-do, “roll up your sleeves” attitude but also works well within a team environment
Media and Influencer Relations
- Participate in strategic planning need for clients, demonstrating creativity and produce strategy presentations generally in PPT format
- Ability to align press and influencer initiatives with business goals of brands/clients
- Expert at maintaining ongoing relationships with members of top-tier media and influencers
- Oversees the maintenance of media and influencer lists
- Handles routine media inquiries and provides credit information
- Monitors media and reports on client relevant news and trends
- Identifies press opportunities via media monitoring
- Successfully places stories in media outlets such as with online, long-lead and short lead media, as directed by supervisors
- Plan and execute PR events (Product Launches, Collaborations, Talent partnerships, Store Openings, etc.) to client KPIs
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively contribute to story angle development that is strategic and timely, maximizing brand feature and product placement opportunities across national, regional, online, trade and broadcast outlets
- Ensure that key milestones and projects are on track, within prescribed timelines and on budget
- Generate creative ideas and solutions to everyday problems and challenges
- Proficiency a plus in Muck Rack, MS Office, presentations skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and communicate effectively with clients in-person and on calls
- Responds to all appropriate client requests promptly with enthusiasm and accuracy
- Drafts and contributes to all necessary press releases and client materials as directed
- Exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Oversees the creation, maintenance and timely distribution of editorial reports, press clippings and budgetary tracking documents.
- Manage and develop AAE(s) that report into you
- Invest heavily in team growth and development
- Ad-hoc duties
- 3-5 years of experience working with beauty brands in an agency or in-house setting for PR, Marketing, communications.
- College degree – ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
- Established relationships across all beauty outlets
- Strategic and innovative with overall knowledge of beauty culture
- Passionate about championing DEI initiatives internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills - ability to manage and gain confidence of client
- Strong project and people management skills
We believe that the most important aspect of our agency is our team, and we take great care in ensuring their wellbeing, connection and support. We just moved to Dumbo and love the breathtaking views of Manhattan, surrounded by great bars, restaurants, parks, and picnic areas. If you ask our team, people who used to work for us and people who left and came back, everyone will tell you that BPCM is extremely strong in building community and caring for the individual. Although we work in a fast-paced, high-achieving environment, the team always look out for each other and have each other’s back. We are an agency that’s committed to excellence for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, monthly tech stipend, dog friendly environment, benefits, hybrid work schedule, summer hours and a generous Paid Time Off policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.