Senior Account Executive - Influencer in Spirits
BPCM is a strategic advisory & communications firm located in West Hollywood. We have been partnering with brands and building careers for over 20+ years and are a Female lead and all-inclusive driven company. We care about sustainability, brand recognition and telling stories that live on and we look for people that want to join a team that is supportive of one another, celebrates innovation and encourages growth. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you.
BPCM seeks a creative, and highly motivated influencer marketing specialist for our Influencer Relations department under our Talent Services Division, working across all BPCM verticals with a focus on wine & spirits. The ideal candidate will bring their proven experience and talent to be a resource for all things influencer, working collaboratively with both the Los Angeles and New York offices. We are looking for an innovative, curious, and creative thinker that is passionate about all things trending in the world of influencer marketing.
The candidate for this Senior Account Executive role will cultivate an abundance of relationships with influencers and their teams in a variety of categories and be well-versed in all aspects of influencer marketing – including: incentivizing influencers to participate in brand campaigns with little or no budget, preparing paid influencer contracts and prompting high-impact earned media results via creative programming. While all BPCM teams are involved in influencer marketing at some level, they will be considered an expert on all things pertaining to influencers specifically.
About the role:
- Report to Department Head in LA, where strong communication will be a must (remote work and multiple time zone management)
- Manage junior team on all items influencer related, from list building, relationship building, mailing and paid campaign outreach, events and more
- Work with PR teams to create client strategies that amplify activities through influencer engagement
- Help to schedule and facilitate influencer giftings within clients managed directly by the Influencer Relations department and other clients; ensure that the gifting inventory is properly managed and tracked
- Manage social tracking programs and influencer marketing programs or execution teams on services such as Klear, TrackR, etc.
- Influencer Relations
- Build direct relationships with social media and “in real life” influencers, as well as agents, managers, content production teams, etc. across fashion, lifestyle, sustainability, health/wellness, food & drink, and beauty on behalf of multiple clients
- Identify core groups of influencers for client campaigns, events and initiatives (including owned and earned partnerships)
- Proactively ideate opportunities to increase brand affinity and advocacy with influencers for client programs
- Identify, invite, and secure attendance from key influencers to client-sponsored events such as presentations, virtual events, fashion week, tastings, etc.
- Understand various brand demographics, psychographics, and overall target of type of influencer
- Paid Influencer Campaign Management
- Manage large scale influencer marketing campaigns, taking client brief and overseeing influencer marketing agencies and/or agents/influencers directly
- Help identify key larger influencer partnership opportunities for clients; create yearly activation plans for these partnerships
- Determine KPIs for paid influencer campaigns based on client goals
- Help draft and review deal memos, contracts and briefs, work with brand legal teams on agreements
- Negotiate costs with agents/influencers to meet budget goals
- Deliver recap reports with strategic recommendations for client’s next influencer campaign(s)
- Create/manage lists of social media influencers across fashion, lifestyle, sustainability, health/wellness, food & drink, and beauty with a focus on US-based influencers
- Ongoing identification of new influencers and exploration of talent on emerging platforms
- Report touchpoints with each influencer
- Manage influencer mailing campaigns, using various platforms for campaign metrics
- Identify core group of influencers for mailings
- Sourcing materials, managing vendors, paying invoices, manage mailing house on each mailing
- Provide PPT recaps within 2 weeks of execution
- Maintain relationships with key digital media in LA market
- Freelancers, editors, VIPs, and podcast hosts
- 4-6 years of PR, talent relations and/or influencer campaign management experience
- Must have established relationships with Instagram influencers and relationships with influencers across different categories is a plus
- Good contacts with influencers and agents at digital divisions based in New York & Los Angeles, in regional markets is a plus.
- Able to identify and execute ways to work with unexpected or out-of-the-box talent to harness their influence with digital activations
- Constantly on the pulse of the influencer marketing industry, recognizing and staying updated on the ever-changing landscape
- Able to manage multiple accounts and effectively communicate with clients with creative ideas and solution-based strategies
- Collaborate with clients to implement campaign influencer strategies centered around seasonal and new product launches and brand/designer partnerships
- Experience creating unique/sharable creative moments for product gifting and events
- Manage/maintain in-house monthly/weekly influencer reports and track client social coverage
- Extremely organized and manages time effectively
- Self-directed and entrepreneurial mindset with great presentation skills
- An insatiable appetite for digital and social media
- Proven results creating influencer campaigns and helping on new business proposals
- Deep understanding of all social media platforms and the respective approaches to each
- Demonstrated strong expertise in copywriting and proofreading
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor, educate, and guide fellow team members outside on different internal teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects in condensed timeframes
- Forward-thinking with the ability to propose innovative strategies and solutions to meet client objectives, sometimes with very limited resources
We believe that the most important aspect of our agency is our team, and we take great care in ensuring their wellbeing, connection and support. If you ask our team, people who used to work for us and people who left and came back, everyone will tell you that BPCM is extremely strong in building community and caring for the individual. Although we work in a fast-paced, high-achieving environment, the team always look out for each other and have each other’s back. We are an agency that’s committed to excellence for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, hybrid work schedule, monthly tech stipend, summer hours and a generous Paid Time Off policy.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.