- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 5 Oct 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are a skilled global merchant who wants to own footwear as a category. You have a collaborative attitude and enjoy working very closely with buying, production, and design to develop a successful line each season and love to analyze the business to ensure continued growth. You're also resourceful and detail oriented with a passion for product and an eye for trend that is brand right.
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might be building seasonal line plans, looking at the competitive footwear landscape or helping to create a clear pricing structure. The consistent thread is that you'll be working with an amazing team of cross functional partners who share your passion for excellence... and shoes!
To Land This Role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- 6+ years of merchandising experience, footwear experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and application
- Strong fashion and trend sensibility
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team and senior management.
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Merchandising is a team of strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers who work together and with our cross-functional partners across the company from Design and Production to PR and Marketing to build seasonal collections that resonate with customers. With a luxury mindset focused on driving brand desirability, we help guide design development and category initiatives, keeping a relentless focus on quality, fabrications and fit. We also liaise with markets to ensure that our collection addresses regionally nuanced customer preferences. If you are interested being part of a dynamic team engaging with our product across all categories from concept to purchasing patterns, come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert