Garment Technologist / Product Developer
Hucklebones creates luxury clothing for girls aged three months to twelve years with a handwriting that is clean, feminine and sophisticated. Collections are developed to offer garments that reflect both the upcoming trends and silhouettes as well as maintaining a classic timelessness and are sold in department stores and select boutiques worldwide.
A rare and exciting opportunity to join luxury London brand Hucklebones. This high-end girlswear & baby brand who are stocked in department stores across the globe are currently looking to expand their team.
Fixed term 6 month contract - with possibility to develop into a full time position upon expiry.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
Role: Garment Technologist / Product Developer
We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- Ambitious, charismatic and hard working with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly organised.
- Have precision and accuracy in their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Excellent written English is a must).
- An in depth understanding of garment construction and finishing.
- Excellent technical skills, have a comprehensive understanding of how garments are made.
- Must be numerate and be able to calculate ratios, grades etc.
- Extensive knowledge of product development.
- Must be able to assess the fit, construction and quality of the products.
- Competent at Excel. A good understanding of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop would also be beneficial.
- Proven team player who can share ideas and work well with others.
- Can work autonomously and are able to manage their own time.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Have the flexibility to travel for work.
- Knowledge of pattern software and digital pattern adjustments would be of benefit.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years industry experience in either women’s or girlswear preferably within the luxury market.
- Manage all samples - sign in / out / tag and label.
- Measure and inspect samples for fit, quality and finish.
- Writing up comments on fit, construction, finishing.
- Create and maintain tech packs providing excellent clear and thorough feedback to factories on all samples / changes to be
- To work on all product categories, woven, outerwear, jersey bags & accessories.
- Creation of graded specs for styles going to production.
- To order manage and maintain material test reports.
- Support the design team with technical expertise and knowledge of best finishes for production. Be able to advise on the
best construction based on both the product quality and costing.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the latest regulations and standards. From materials to the mechanical safety of the
products. Be able to research into new regions laws and standards and to advise the design team on any updates.
- Perform risk assessments on each product ensuring it conforms to the required regulations and safety stands.
- Creating and updating company manuals such as manufacturer guidelines.
- Perform and issue QC reports based on the AQL standard. Review and approve manufacture QC reports before bulk exports are made.
- Gathering / labelling materials for sample making.
- Working alongside the design and production team.
Successful candidates will be well suited to our company ethics:
- Always act honestly with integrity.
- Communicate clearly in an open manner.
- Be a team player and support colleagues.
- Take ownership for your own learning and development.
- Highly respect the brand's customer and their values.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter.
We regret that only suitable candidates will be contacted.