Staff Accountant, Tax Compliance
- Tiffany & Co.
- Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2022
The Income Tax Accountant will be an integral part of the company's compliance functions. The staff Accountant will partner with external service providers on tax compliance calculations and related review of the federal and state tax returns. In addition, this role will be responsible for coordinating all compliance, reporting, and audit data requests, working closely with partners across the Tiffany organization.
- Preparation of quarterly estimates and extensions. Review of federal and state tax returns. Review tax law and determine which is applicable to the business operations, document as necessary and provide recommendations to management. Demonstrate critical thinking skills in order to ensure sound application of tax law.
- Take a lead role in compiling audit support to be provided to Federal, State, and International tax authorities. Provide summary and analysis of potential tax impact of audit to management. Interact directly with tax authority which requires ability to clearly communicate company specific facts. Track status of audits and related due dates and deliverables.
- Maintain all data requests for federal, state, and Canadian reporting and compliance. Work closely with partners across the organization to collect and validate data. Provide data and related reconciliations to tax compliance so-sourcing provider.
- Maintain tax calendar to track federal, state, and international deadlines and communicate to tax team as necessary.
- Preparation and support of special projects when needed.
- Maintain a continuous improvement approach leveraging technology in order to improve processes and expand partnerships with the business teams.
- BS in Accounting.
- 0 - 2 years of job-related experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to multi- task and collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in ERP Systems
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work and act independently on multiple projects
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule when necessary.
- CPA candidate is preferred
- Experience with JD Edwards, Business Objects, Vertex and Alteryx
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax Compliance and Provision
- Retail Experience
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert