Key Responsibilities, to include but not be limited to:
- To work closely alongside the Technical Manager and Garment Technologist on the daily running of the department, working across all categories – womens, KIDS, and knitwear.
- To work closely alongside the Senior Garment Technologist and Junior Garment Technologist on the daily running of the department, working across all categories – RTW, KIDS and knitwear.
- To set up specs and documentation for each season ahead of fittings.
- To measure in samples ahead of fittings and to review samples on the stand, giving any initial comments relevant for the fit session as well as checking that previous fit comments have been followed.
- To build and update fit lists for each session, under the guidance of the Senior Garment Technologist.
- To take notes during fit sessions.
- To track fit sample ex-factory dates with suppliers, ensuring samples arrive in a timely manner for fit sessions.
- To support the Senior Garment Technologist and Junior Garment Technologist on submitting fit comments post-fit session.
- To build and submit production tech packs for repeat styles each season, along with top up orders.
- To build and update the seal status trackers for each season.
- To work closely with suppliers, answering any questions to ensure that they understand and achieve the requirements given.
- To support the Senior Garment Technologist in issuing and chasing relevant testing each season, reviewing reports to confirm compliance.
- To support the design team in producing initial specs and technical information for sampling tech packs.
- To work alongside the design team and production team to give technical guidance where needed.
- To track the transactional sample arrivals and update the tracker from a technical side.
- To set up all QC report documents ahead of stock arrivals.
- To track all stock arrivals into the N&T stockroom, and to place stock requests for QC in a timely manner.
- To write up and submit QC reports, under the guidance of the Senior Garment Technologist.
- To support the Senior Garment Technologist on QC of new stock arrivals, assisting to highlight any areas for concern and escalating further QC where required.
- To manage the fit model cost tracker, fit model bookings and castings.
- Must have proven experience in a similar technical led role.
- A strong understanding of garment construction.
- A working knowledge of fitting and grading.
- Excellent attention to detail. Basic skills on Adobe Illustrator.
- Comfortable using an Apple Mac computer.
- Competent on Microsoft office – excel and powerpoint
- Friendly and personable, with a can-do and consistent attitude.