Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for the protection of company assets and mitigation of risk. Effectively communicates, trains, implements, and monitors all aspects of Asset Protection programs in assigned markets. These programs include Tier Shrink Reduction Strategy, training and awareness, store audits, investigative initiatives, profit protection, health and safety and budgetary compliance. Provides leadership and direction to all levels of company employees regarding Asset Protection and Safety concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Communicates implements and monitors the Tier Shrink Reduction Program in all stores in their assigned region in accordance with corporate direction. · Promotes a safe working and shopping environment for all employees and customers. · Conducts all aspects of internal and external investigations including development, resolution and prosecution of cases in accordance with established standards and protocols. · Trains and monitors operational compliance through adherence to the store audit program, and effectively communicates action plans with appropriate business partners. · Promotes associate awareness through active participation and involvement in store and district level training utilizing all company approved materials and guides. Delivers targeted training as needed to address issues and/or market specific causes of shrink. · Actively pursues profit protection measures to assist in the reduction of store financial losses such as mark-out-o-stock, chargebacks/bad debt and cash over/short. · Trains and monitors correct application and usage of all Asset Protection technology, initiatives, and programs in their district in compliance with corporate directives. · Maintains all expenses and complies with budgets as allocated by Asset Protection. · Develops and maintains effective and collaborative business partnerships with all areas of the business, specifically between Asset Protection and Store Management, Operations, Human Resources, Fair Employment, Inventory Control, Sales Audit, Travel and Finance. · Ensures that all paperwork and reports are accurately submitted in a timely basis, and in accordance with established timelines, guidelines and direction. Manages time and accomplishes all duties in environments of conflicting priorities · Interacts with local law enforcement agencies and represents Ralph Lauren in legal proceedings as required. · Performs all duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and/or the Senior Asset Protection Leadership Team. · Hires, trains, recruit, and performance manages Asset Protection personnel in their district as required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Minimum 5-10 years in retail Asset Protection (preferably luxury Retail), multi-store, and specialty experience preferred. Proven Track Record in managing /directing an AP program in a luxury retail environment:
* Demonstrates achievement of KPI's including:
* Show a consistent reduction in shrink figures over time
* Investigative skills - evidence of directing and managing an investigative program with clear results/case productivity
* Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in investigative skills and resolution.
* Execution of a comprehensive audit and assessment program
* Training Awareness - proven ability to develop/execute and evaluate a comprehensive training and awareness program for Corporate and Retail employees
* Health & Safety - knowledge of regulations and requirements within market experience
* Corporate and Supply Chain Security - demonstrate understanding of synergies within AP department
* People Management - sound experience and proficiency in managing and developing a team with positive results
* Ability to develop elevated relationships with business leaders at all levels of the business
* Multi-store environment - effectively managing volume, complexity and regional differences across multiple markets
* Knowledge of working across region specific to role (NA, EU, AS) and demonstrated knowledge of relevant local legislation pertaining to Retail AP · Wicklander - Zulawski certified, or commensurate interview experience. · CFI eligible desirable (in relevant markets) · Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. · Strong time management and multi tasking skills. · Excellent written and verbal communication skills. · Strong English language skills. · Works collaboratively with focus on development of people.