Production Team Leader
- Castleford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 25 Aug 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To motivate and lead a team of production operators to achieve budgeted operational KPIs in a safe environment.
• Support H&S champion to promote safe behaviours in the cell and work with supporting departments to implement action plans to prevent accidents.
• Resolve quality issues based on the inspection data provided by the QC inspectors on line.
• Resolve production bottlenecks/ escalate issues to STL and ensure a smooth flow of production
• Push late deliveries and ensure all orders are delivered on time in full.
• Update manual and digital output boards.
• Organise right trims and RMs from trim store are delivered to the production cell with right quantity
• Co-ordinate and organise pattern boards and other work aids required for the styles planned for the cell.
• Coordinate with industrialisation team to participate for style handover meetings and monitor the pilot garments.
• Work with Industrial Engineer to understand the operations breakdown, line layout and assign production operators to the operations based on their skills and performance.
• Work with Lean coach to use lean techniques to resolve quality/ production issues and also to make sure effective visual management on the cell
• Check the production plan/ daily WIP report to identify the order status and WIP levels.
• Train production operators on new operations to improve the multi-skill level of the cell and maintain the skill matrix.
• Conduct 1:1 development discussions and performance appraisals with asst TLs and production operators and use the records for end of the year merit ratings.
• Coordinate with HR about all people related matters (i.e- leavers, disciplinaries, long term sick etc.. )
• Certificate/ Diploma in clothing manufacture beneficial.
• IMS certificate or equivalent.
• Any relevant Leadership qualification.
• Must be numerate and analytical.
• Sewing and pressing skills ( across multiple machine types including Lockstitch, overlock, B/hole, B/sew, Bartack ) beneficial.
• Excellent communication, people management and leadership skills.
• Experience working within Manufacturing
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Castleford || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || CASTLEFORD || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert